Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong buy & sell markers on chart

Hi,

This has been asked before, but I believe there was no solution for nt7. Is it fixed for nt8 or did I miss something?

Problem: using a 4range chart shows (sometimes) the buy/sell arrow at the wrong candle and sometimes at a place where no bar is printed.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Which data provider(s) are you using with NinjaTrader?

Is this something which you encounter when trading in a live account or the Sim101 account?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sim account using rithmic

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for clarifying.

Orders in the Sim101 account can execute anywhere within the bid/ask range. This can leave execution markers outside of a last price based chart. If you open the Data Series menu and toggle to the bid and ask price types, do the executions fall within the span of the bar?

Comment

beyond the candle

You mean that trading the es with the sim01 account executes above or below a bar?
          At the moment I get filled the price and thus the buy/sell arrow should be within the candle range at that moment. I notice that this isnt always the case.

In this example:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

The buy arrow should be more to the left and the sell arrow should be more to the right. Now it's the other way around...

Comment

Hello,

"You mean that trading the es with the sim01 account executes above or below a bar?"

This is a possibility when trading in the Sim101 account, correct. As fills can occur anywhere within the bid/ask range a fill can take place outside of the bounds of a last price based bar.

In terms of your image, has historical data been reloaded in the chart? Can you provide an image showing the entire chart?

Comment

Tried to set it to bid and ask in data series, but didnt matter.

I don't reload chart data and i dont refresh when I trade. Also my time is sync with ntp servers.

What i don't understand is that in ES the bid and ask is always within 1 tick. So a buy/sell should not be off that much and especially not if I bought in the middle of the bar.

See link for picture.

Comment

Hello,

I notice that each of the fill markers showing outside the span of a bar would fit in the span of the bar to the immediate right. While I understand that your PC clock is synced, this may indicate that this is not the case.

Please try the following:
                • Shut NinjaTrader down.
                • Sync the PC's clock to the time.nist.gov server
                • Restart NinjaTrader.

Please use the steps below to change your Time Zone and sync the PC clock, note to set the server to time.nist.gov.
                You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Press 'Change time zone...' Set the Time zone and press 'OK'.
                Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab set the server to time.nist.gov and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.

After syncing the PC clock please restart NinjaTrader, reconnect to your data source and place a few test trades in the Sim101 account. If you notice any markers outside of the span of the bar, please take an image of the chart. If no new execution falls outside of the body of the bar, please right click in the chart and reload historical data then check the newly made executions again.

Comment

oke

Oke Kyle,

I did what you asked and I noticed the ntp server was already set the way you wanted. Dit sync the time anyware manually and start Ninjatrader.

Will trade later today or tomorrow as I don't want any false trades in my sim account for statistics, or is there a way to delete specific trades for a account?

Comment

Hello,

Resetting a simulation account will clear all historical trade data from this account. Please follow the instructions below to reset a simulation account.
                    • From the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools > Options
                    • Select the "Simulator" tab
                    • Press the "Reset" button

Comment

Kyle,

"is there a way to delete specific trades for a account"

Don't want to delete all my sim trades

But, I placed some trades and it's showing up correct again in the chart!

What do you think was the problem before? Do I need to restart ninjatrader more often? Or how is this possible and how to prevent it in the future?

Comment

Hello,

1.) Individual executions can be deleted within the Executions tab of the Control Center. Simply right click on the execution which you wish to remove and select Remove.

Please note that the Executions tab of the Control Center will display executions for the current day only. In order to delete executions from prior dates you will need to shut NinjaTrader down, change the PC clock's date to the date the execution took place, then restart NinjaTrader and connect to your data source.

2.) Based on the fact that the issue does not occur after you synced your PC clock it is likely that your PC's clock was out of sync originally. When a PC's clock is out of sync historical data can change slightly when data is reloaded from the server which can make executions appear to take place at incorrect prices.

Comment

thx

Thx for your patients and solving this!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                          167 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post jeronymite