Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Demo account , and what Data Feed to use ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demo account , and what Data Feed to use ....

Good morning,
    I was on the Demo account yesterday , and for some reason ( even after leaving the charts open all day ) and connected to the Simulated Data Feed ..... I got no Candles printed on any of my volume or tick charts that I had opened .

I had a 5,000 volume opened on the CL
    And a 10056 tick chart opened on the ES

By the close of the market, these charts where still blank.

I get candlesticks printed on the time based charts ( Daily, weekly and monthly ), but nothing on the tick or volume

And lastly please, which of the Data feeds/connections should I use with a demo account ...... External Data, Kinetick End of Day , Market Replay, NinjaTrader demo or the Simulated Data feed ?

I know that none of these will give me real time data , but delayed data is fine, as long as I can SIM trade Intra-Day , as well as get the tick and volume charts to show me the candlesticks

Thanks s much,
    I really appreciate the help - Michael

Hello mdsvtr,

Thank you for your post. The Simulated datafeed is internally generated canned data used for practice purposes; because of this your charts will start blank and build as simulated data is received. If you open a 1 minute chart and let it run for about a half hour there will be enough data for an indicator to populate.

To get live intraday quotes, you may request a futures demo with NinjaTrader Brokerage, publicly-available from the link below.

http://ninjatrader.com/GetStarted

After requesting the demo, you should receive two emails; one that advises the installation (if you have already installed, you will not need to repeat), and another that has log in details for the demo data feed.

You will use this log in information to create the demo connection in NinjaTrader via Tools > Account Connections > Add.

After setting up the connection, to connect to the live feed, go to File > Connect > Select your connection.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Eric

Thank you so much for the Link to the Data feed, as well as the instructions on how to connect to the data

When trying to connect ..... it is asking me for my username and password ,
      and honestly , I can't remember either of them

How do I locate this please ( username and password ) ?

Thanks so much - Michael

Comment

Hello Michael,

For the demo, these would have been emailed after requesting a demo from [email protected]. If you don't see them, I suggest checking your spam or junk folders, and request an additional demo if you do not see the email.

If you have a live brokerage account, you will need to request the log in details from your broker.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you again for all of your help

I got it to working last night

Thanks again for helping me out and posting the Link

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
          1 response
          0 likes