Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NinjaTrader Continuum Delays, Possible Major Slippage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NinjaTrader Continuum Delays, Possible Major Slippage?

Hello, While paper trading with the NinjaTrader Simulator, using intraday charts, I saw the current price bar at the right edge of the chart moving up and down often to reflect the changing prices. But when I paper trade with the NinjaTrader Continuum data feed, the current price bar at the right edge of the chart takes forever to move and I have to keep refreshing the chart to see updates in the price bars.

I tried refreshing the chart with the NinjaTrader Simulator and the chart looked completely different. All this has me very worried that I'll enter LIVE trades where current prices are in actuality, very different from what I see on my charts. Is there any way I can prevent that? Any info, feedback, or advice on this?

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Please note that the Simulated Data Feed does not provide any real market data. This is fake data internally generated by NinjaTrader. Please see the link below.

What instrument do you trade while connected to NinjaTrader Continuum? Could it be the instrument is not very volatile so it does not update that often. The Simulated Data Feed updates more since it is not real data.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason, I made a typo in my original post here, I have been paper trading with the SIM101 account, not the Simulator, when I have to keep reloading the data. I started noticing this during the last couple of weeks in all the futures markets I trade, such as the YM, the Currencies, the Energies, and so on.

Then after that I was using the Simulator (the one with the slider that can speed up and slow down the price action). That is when reloading the chart made it appear as a completely different chart.

So my concern is still there.

When I switch from using the SIM101 account and start trading live, will the price bars update more frequently as what happens with the Simulator (the one with the slider)?

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Thank you for clarifying.

The NinjaTrader Continuum connection provides the same data whether trading in sim or live. The Simulated Data Feed currently updates more frequently because it is internally generated data. It is not comparable to real data at this time. US futures are not very volatile during the night. The Simulated Data Feed does not take this into consideration. You will see similar volatility with NinjaTrader Continuum during the regular trading hours.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I was expecting to see more DOM like price action on the chart after using the Simulator, which does just that on the chart.

So I guess the Simulator is over-active.

Comment

I found out that this problem was occurring because I was using continuous contracts. So I started paper trading with specific contract months and I no longer have this problem.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post WHICKED
            by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
            15 responses
            0 likes