Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inaccurate Trade Entries

Hello,

I keep having to reload the chart with NinjaTrader and the Continuum data feed before I enter any trade, otherwise I will be entering in a completely different place on the chart than I think I am.

That can cause costly mistakes if I forget to reload before an entry.

In the screenshot attached, the orange arrow and black line shows the exact spot where I was about to enter short.

Then I reloaded the chart and saw that 12 new price bars appeared after the reload in a matter of a couple of seconds.

I no longer wanted to enter that trade, based on where current prices really were.

Any info, feedback or advice on preventing this inaccurate information, other than reloading the chart before every entry?
    Attached Files

Hi i2w8am9ii2,

Please send me your log and trace files for today so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1357857 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Okay, thanks. I just sent you my log and trace files.

Comment

Hi i2w8am9ii2,

Thanks

I have received the files and I will respond via email

Comment

Thanks for your help Patrick,

The problem is resolved. Your diagnosis was right, my using continuous charts when paper trading was the problem.

One quick question, do I need to use the Reload Historical Data feature at all when trading a particular contract month? Will the volume update or something?

Comment

Hi i2w8am9ii2,

If you are receiving real-time tick data for a contract month, then you would not need to use "Reload All Historical Data" unless you notice something that doesn't appear correct about the data. The data will be streaming in real-time and should update without any action from you.

For continuous contracts you will need to use this feature to load any new data since the chart was originally loaded because continuous contracts do not update in real time.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
            3 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred