MR still increases DaysBack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- please make sure you are on latest 6.5.1000.7
    - is this reproducible on consistent base? If then, then please provide all steps required. Thanks

Comment

i am on latest NT....it is consistent....those are the steps...run a contract with 4 daysback...change to another earlier contract....check daysback

Comment

To clarify, these steps would reproduce the problem:
        - start NT, only control center up, nothing else
        - set Tools->Options->Data->Lookback for minute data to 4
        - connect to market replay
        - pull up 1 minute chart on YM 12-08
        - change instrument to YM 09-08
        - check days back period: now would be 25 for no reason

Is that correct?

Comment

no....it will not occur by just starting new charts...it is related to multiple connections/dates in MR...and possibly related to switching from MR to live feed and back to MR...do not know for sure yet...however it has occurred every day for months now

1. create a "test" workspace with 2 linked 1000 volume YM 12-08 charts....one with charttrader...both 4 daysback per default in Tools/Options/Data

2. close/open NT...check daysback still 4

3. connect to Zenfire....load strategy to non-charttrader chart....stay connected to record several minutes

4. disconnect Zenfire....connect MR for today...load strategy...playback the several minutes...

5. disconnect MR for current day without rewinding MR to start time....daysback now 5

6. change instrument to YM 09-08....connect 8 aug data...daysback now 6...disconnect MR

7. connect MR for 5 aug...daysback now 5....play a few hours...disconnect...daysback now 6

8. connect MR for 29jul....daysback is 6...

....somewhere along the line NT increments daysback and does not reset it when you either change dates in MR...or between live feed and MR.

...after several iterations this same procedure increases daysback high enough that NT becomes very slow to load data....every day

...this morning after running MR "test" workspace....then going to Zenfire live (with a different workspace) and then back to MR and "test" workspace....by the time I got to 29 jul, daysback was 25

.... I reported the problem again (3rd time in the last few months) this morning as I do a lot of replay and the problem is constantly slowing my testing down.....ever day I will replay 50-100 days ...some of them multiple times....and every day I have to keep resetting daysback manually to 4.....consistently for months now through all new versions of NT.

Comment

Thanks for that info. Christian will report back to you early next week.

Comment

Thanks again for the detailed info. We researched the issue and acknowledge that there is a problem. However, the potential fix would introduce a high risk of breaking logic which is working right now. Thus, we decided to address this issue with NT7 (beta Q1 09).

Sorry for the inconvenience

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Belfortbucks  
              Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes