Ninjatrader 7 works with linux via wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader 7 works with linux via wine

I have gotten Ninjatrader 7 to work Gentoo linux and the lastest version of Wine. Please refer to the following url for more details:

Post #1 - Installation instructions.
    Post #8 - Issues List.
    Last edited by davidbrooke; 09-29-2015, 11:28 AM.

I wanted to post a few photos.
    Attached Files

Comment

Speed/performance? If the machine ID cannot be created it would seem it will not be compatible with Addon products licensing.
      eDanny
      NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

I have made some further progress which has improved stability but there is still work to be done. Currently I'm running. See Gentoo posting for further details:

Also see attached photo.
        Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
          Speed/performance?
          The same as my current windows 8.1. I see no difference at this point since I don't have both systems setup identical to test.

If the machine ID cannot be created it would seem it will not be compatible with Addon products licensing.
          I'm not sure how to correct this issue, maybe others can comment? Here is the log error message in NT7:
          "Default Failed to retrieve processor information to build machine ID: 'ProcessorNameString' not found"

Comment

Further progress has been made. NT7 is stable enough to use but still needs polish. See Gentoo link in 1st post for more details.

Comment

Attached is a photo which shows improvement over the last. If you reference the earlier photos and zoom in, you will see the tails are not centered as well as the fill of the candle. The attached photo's tails and fill on the candles are correct.
              Attached Files

Comment

Further progress has been made. NT7 was stable enough to use the past week but still needs polish. See Gentoo link in 1st post for more details.

Comment

Further progress has been made. See Gentoo link in 1st post for more details.

Comment

Another week of stable use. See Gentoo link in 1st post for more details.

Comment

Another week of stable use. See Gentoo link in 1st post for more details.

Comment

Update, update!!

Fedora 22, Wine 1.7.49 - Ninja installs, starts and connects to FXCM without any trouble.

Two commands from prev. threads with all the B.S. in them, libxslt.i686 and isdn4k-utils.i686 before Ninja.

Comment

Aaand downdate..

Some dll doesn't show up, Ninja can't start second time without deleting the folders in Documents and reinstall/repair.

This could be the KDE 5 though - some "Plasma couldn't do something" errors showed up while I downloaded msxml3/dotnet30/mdac27 with winetricks. Last time I tried it was on KDE 4, if winetricks commands are executed without -q it will probably show more.

Comment

There is some new version of Mono included in Wine 1.7.50+ I think? Have you tried installing Ninja in Mono, without dotnet??

In Fedora last version is 49 and I don't want to add betas/bleeding edges repositories, I'll have 50-51 next week probably - I'll give it a try and share then. If you trade on the Linux system you should not mess it up only for this I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by .kypa View Post
                              Aaand downdate..

Some dll doesn't show up, Ninja can't start second time without deleting the folders in Documents and reinstall/repair.

This could be the KDE 5 though - some "Plasma couldn't do something" errors showed up while I downloaded msxml3/dotnet30/mdac27 with winetricks. Last time I tried it was on KDE 4, if winetricks commands are executed without -q it will probably show more.
                              KDE5 on Gentoo with NT7 works fine. I use it on both KDE4 and KDE5, my live account is on gentoo stable with KDE4.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post yertle
                              by yertle

Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                              Started by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, 01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
                              80 responses
                              5 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post adeelshahzad  
                              Started by dappa, Today, 09:18 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Working...