Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .kypa
    replied
    Ninja doesn't need the 32 bit libxslt and isdn4k-utils in latest Wine version indeed.
    Last time I tried Wine versions were 1.7.38~40 - it couldn't work with the 64-bit then. I tried also 32-bit Linux back then - it worked fine, same as 64-bit Linux with added 32-bit libxslt and isdn4k-utils (Kinetick end-of-day and demo Continuum only, FXCM no).

You haven't mentioned plain Wine version you tried in the Gentoo thread - that's why I asked. Crossover is based on 10-20 versions behind latest Wine, in March it was on 1.7.25 or so. I got same results as yours then - Ninja crashed when I tried to connect somewhere, even newsfeed. In Crossover it didn't work at all. Crossover asked for those 32-bit packages when I tried the ready-made settings from Codeweavers' site I think, not on a manual setup. As far as I remember I tried both ways, including starting the exe downloader and straight to the msi installer - it didn't work either. However right after that (with the 32-bit packages) I installed Wine and it was able to connect to Kinetick at first try.

If you got same results in plain Wine as in Crossover it probably has been a Wine version around 1.7.40 - and Ninja can't connect in those versions without the 32-bit packages.

As of 1.7.49 and current 1.7.51 this is all fixed - FXCM, Continuum, Kinetick end-of-day - all connect just fine, no 32-bit libraries needed. I don't have paid licence or real account though, all I can check are demos.

In Wine 1.7.51 even the bugfix for "Failed to retrieve processor information.." is implemented. As of today there is no practical reason to use Wine-staging over plain Wine. It is true this issue would not be fixed today if you haven't used Wine-staging and filed that bug though.

Mono is the free open-source net framework - that is what belongs to Linux, not the Microsoft packages, even though some of their code is open-sourced now. And that is the reason I want it.

Leave a comment:

• davidbrooke
    replied
    Originally posted by .kypa View Post
    What problems with datafeeds did you encounter with plain Wine? And which Wine version was that?
    Please refer to my Gentoo thread as I have answered those questions there in detail.
    Also...I have to ask...why haven't you tried Wine-Staging? That is the foundation of how I have gotten NT7 to work with linux as well as work with stability.
    Last edited by davidbrooke; 09-21-2015, 05:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• davidbrooke
    replied
    Pulldown menus issue might be resolvable through some single/double clicking registry (if there is such thing in Wine/Wine-staging of course). I have no idea how to this though.
    Both Wine and Wine-Staging have not been able to resolve the "pulldown menu" issue as of yet. You can help by referring to my Gentoo thread and posting your comments on both Wine and Wine-Staging Bugs with your ideas.

Leave a comment:

• davidbrooke
    replied
    You most surely use them actually
    I don't have them installed.
    without those packages Ninja should not be able to connect almost anywhere, let alone receive live feeds.
    I connect to Continuum, Kinetick and Kinetick End of Day without those files.
    Wine-staging should have them installed for you as dependencies. I know for these packages from Crossover - it asks to install them, other Wine derivatives probably do as well.
    I have used Crossover and it doesn't ask for the files in question. Also Crossover by itself doesn't work with the above datafeeds. Actually Crossover performs the same as Wine. I believe you will need to do some actual research with all the products as I have to get a clear picture
    I couldn't find Mono versions on the Wine-staging site, however I have Wine 1.7.51 today and it's the same 4.5.6 Mono included.
    Why do you want Mono?

Leave a comment:

• .kypa
    replied
    What problems with datafeeds did you encounter with plain Wine? And which Wine version was that?

Leave a comment:

• .kypa
    replied
    "Failed to retrieve processor information..." indeed solved in Wine 1.7.51.

Pulldown menus issue might be resolvable through some single/double clicking registry (if there is such thing in Wine/Wine-staging of course). I have no idea how to this though.

Leave a comment:

• .kypa
    replied
    You most surely use them actually - without those packages Ninja should not be able to connect almost anywhere, let alone receive live feeds. Wine-staging should have them installed for you as dependencies. I know for these packages from Crossover - it asks to install them, other Wine derivatives probably do as well.

I couldn't find Mono versions on the Wine-staging site, however I have Wine 1.7.51 today and it's the same 4.5.6 Mono included.

Leave a comment:

• davidbrooke
    replied
    I've read your Gentoo thread - it's very well explained indeed.

What version of Mono is in Wine-staging 1.7.50 and 1.7.51?
    Not sure. You can go to their site and find out.

Have you installed 32-bit libxslt and isdn4k-utils before installing Ninja in plain Wine?
    I don't use the two packages you have inquired about. I only use the packages listed in the installation section of the Gentoo thread.

Leave a comment:

• .kypa
    replied
    I've read your Gentoo thread - it's very well explained indeed.

What version of Mono is in Wine-staging 1.7.50 and 1.7.51?

Have you installed 32-bit libxslt and isdn4k-utils before installing Ninja in plain Wine?

Leave a comment:

• davidbrooke
    replied
    About "failed to retrieve processor..." - resolving is done through just update to 1.7.51, nothing else?
    Version 1.7.51 of wine-staging not wine. Just using wine has problems with the datafeeds.

Proof from elitetrader forum - that's the best guide I found, I only added gdiplus to it. All that I know gdiplus does is splash screen and some fonts/sizes looking better, should work just fine without it as well.
    I would advise testing over time....such as, continuous testing for 5 days / 24 hours mininum. Stability is paramount. Please review my Gentoo thread for history...it has great insight and should be a time saver.

Leave a comment:

• davidbrooke
    replied
    Four weeks of stable use. See Gentoo link in 1st post for more details.

Leave a comment:

• .kypa
    replied
    About "failed to retrieve processor..." - resolving is done through just update to 1.7.51, nothing else?

Proof from elitetrader forum - that's the best guide I found, I only added gdiplus to it. All that I know gdiplus does is splash screen and some fonts/sizes looking better, should work just fine without it as well.

Leave a comment:

• .kypa
    replied
    Originally posted by davidbrooke View Post
    Yes mono is installed by default but when you run dotnet35sp1, it removes mono.

I only use the bleeding edge of Wine called:

NT7 datafeeds don't connect without it. You can read more on my Gentoo post:
    https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1024638.html
    No, I mean without running dotnet35sp1, without installing any .Net-s at all.

I know the Wine-staging, I like to use the official Wine only. Fedora itself is enough beta for me.

P.S. You can use the pulldown menus through clicking on the menu, moving the pointer towards your item and releasing onto it. I use it like this in Windows, I didn't even notice this in Linux/KDE at first.
    Last edited by .kypa; 09-16-2015, 02:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• davidbrooke
    replied
    This could be the KDE 5 though - some "Plasma couldn't do something" errors showed up while I downloaded msxml3/dotnet30/mdac27 with winetricks. Last time I tried it was on KDE 4, if winetricks commands are executed without -q it will probably show more.
    Please fully read my Gentoo thread. You will gain alot of insight without the failures I incurred.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• davidbrooke
    replied
    There is some new version of Mono included in Wine 1.7.50+ I think? Have you tried installing Ninja in Mono, without dotnet??
    Yes mono is installed by default but when you run dotnet35sp1, it removes mono.

In Fedora last version is 49 and I don't want to add betas/bleeding edges repositories, I'll have 50-51 next week probably - I'll give it a try and share then. If you trade on the Linux system you should not mess it up only for this I mean.
    I only use the bleeding edge of Wine called:

NT7 datafeeds don't connect without it. You can read more on my Gentoo post:
    Last edited by davidbrooke; 09-15-2015, 04:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post DanielSanMartin  
Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
4 responses
0 likes
Last Post DJ888