Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Basic questions and help needed please....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basic questions and help needed please....

I just have a few Basic ( and most likely ) rookie questions please....

1. If I have say 2 - 3 charts open of the same market ( CL ) , and I want the crosshairs to move across all 2 - 3 charts each time that I move the crosshairs up and down to various Price Levels AND any and all Trendlines that I draw on one chart, to automatically transfer and show up on the other CL charts ..... what would I need to do for this to happen ?

2. How do I " Lock " the Trendline feature, so that I don't have to click on the Trendline option, each and every time that I want to draw a new Trendline ?

3. I can grab and move my chart from Left to Right with no problem,
    But... I am Unable to grab it and move it up and down .
    Is there a feature, or something in the Properties section that I need to change from False to True ?

Like I said, these are likely rookie questions,
    but I am unaware of how to do the forementioned things , and having these things fixed, will indeed allow fo smoother and easier ease on the platform

Thanks so much

Hello mdsvtr,

Thanks for your post.

I am sure all users will appreciate these questions so thanks again for asking.

Answers in order of questions:

1) Use the global crosshair. Enable the global crosshair on each chart that you wish to move together. The Global crosshair can be enabled either by the cursor icon on the top of the chart or by the key code CTRL + G

Regrettably trendlines will not automatically appear on all charts unless on the chart where you have drawn the trendline you double left-click to bring up the properties window. In the properties window of the drawn object, the "attach to:" drop down, you can select, "(instrumentname All Charts)". Note if you have chart where you do not want the global drawn objects to appear, you can prevent them from showing by editing the dataseries window and setting "show global draw objects" to false.

2) You can continue using any draw tool by selecting the 2nd item in the tool menu, " Stay in draw mode", once checked you can drawn an item and it will remain in that same draw mode. Very handy when doing several lines. You can get out of that at any moment with a right click but it will still be in the "stay in draw mode" when you next (re)select a tool. To get completely out, reselect the "stay in draw mode" to uncheck it.

3) I am guessing that by move the chart you are meaning the chart data/candles. If this is the case then to move the dataseries up/down: Left click to select the data series on the chart, hold the CTRL key down, left click and drag up/down in the price axis to move the dataseries vertically on the chart.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Paul,
      Fantastic
      Thank you

You answered all of my questions, and everything is working great

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM