Skip next entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skip next entry

hi, I am new to strategy development and programming, I have managed to put a trend following strategy together using the wizard. So what i have is a basic strategy which says go long is price closes above the highest price over the last x periods and short if the price closes below the last x periods. I need to create a condition where, if my last winning entry was long i need to skip the next short entry and visa versa. Is there any way i can do this?

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

If you are simply asking after entering how to check if you are currently in a position, that would be simple, You can use Strategy -> Current Market Position == Strategy -> Long as an example.

Are you looking specifically for Entries that are winning or profitable compared to a prior trade or did you mean just any filled last entry?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the speedy response,
      This is a little hard to explain, i will do my best...
      I am looking for specifically for a condition where if the the last trade was profitable, then the next entry should only be going in the same direction. Not be entered going the opposite direction. An anti- stop and reverse.
      for example...
      A long position is entered, position is exited on a trail stop for a profit.
      The next entry signal is to enter a short poistion ---> Skip this next entry
      Once an entry has bee skipped the strategy is now free to enter a position going any direction
      and visa versa for Short positions
      The Theory behind this is the strategy will be prevented from Buying into a pullback during a bearish trend. I hope this makes sense. I think this may be beyond the scope of the strategy wizard. Am i correct?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

This would be very difficult if not impossible using the wizard. In general the Wizard can access the Strategies PnL but would not be limited to a single entry.

Based on what you need I believe you would need to manually code this. Even if this somehow is possible in the wizard the amount of effort put into figuring it out would likely be more than it takes to manually code it.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Perr0Grande, Today, 08:16 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Perr0Grande  
        Started by elderan, Today, 08:03 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes