Partial exits of a position with the Strategy wizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Paul,

great thousand thanks for your help. Now it seems to be ok.

Just one question. Is there some way how to show real entries on the chart not the strategy ones. Just to explain. When I run strategy it shows possible entrie from strategy not the ones from real trades.

Thank you

Miroslav

Comment

Hello Miroslav,

Thanks for your reply.

When you apply the strategy, and enable it, it will start from the very beginning of the dataseries on the chart and will execute the strategy bar by bar which will eventually produce trades that will show on the chart as historical trades. As the strategy moves into live data it will begin executing real time trades.

It may be that your strategy is waiting to be in sync before it places a real time trade, this can be observed by the color status in the "strategy" tab of the control center. If the strategy name is shown with a yellow background then the color indicates the strategy is waiting until it reaches a flat position to be in sync with the account position before fully starting (it has placed a historic trade that it is waiting to complete). If it is green then that means the strategy is in sync and will be placing real time trades when the strategy conditions are next met.. Please see: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...egies_tab2.htm
      Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul,

thank you for your feedback.

The changes of the colors I already know. I was asking why strategy is overwriting trades made in real time in sim account.

I have one more question regarding what we did. Something happened I got error message:

An Enter() method to submit an entry order at '4.1.2016 10:30:33' has been ignored. Please search on the term 'Internal Order Handling Rules' in the Help Guide for detailed explanation.

I found that there were instead of ticks percentage. But after that my strategy which was working stop working it is not closing position where it should be and it is not entering position even parameters are filled. It is not closing position on the session end.

Please, have a look on attached pictures. Any idea what might be wrong.

Thank you
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello miroslav,

Thanks for your reply and clarification.

When you add a strategy to a chart it will remove other trade notation so that all you see will relate to the applied strategy. Once the strategy is removed the previous trade notation should return.

To investigate the issues, please send your strategy and log and trace files to PlatformSupport[at]Ninjatrader[dot]Com with Atten:Paul and a link to this thread. Please understand that I will not be able to review them until Monday.

Log files can be found in documents>NinjaTrader7>Log (only need latest 2)
          Trace files can be found in Documents>NinjaTrader7>Trace (only need latest 2)
          Strategy can be found in Documents>Ninjatrader7>bin>custom>strategy
          Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by FitSpressoHonest, Today, 09:14 AM
          0 responses