Stuck Orders and P/:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imported post

I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean by " The second order placed (before the 1st order isplaced)".

If I place two orders, why does the first have only one target when executed?

Comment

imported post

If you have a strategy for 12 contracts and place the first order for 12, that is considered the entry order.

Subsequent orders are considered scale orders.

When you place a scale order, the fills are ammended to existing stops/targets based on the options set underTools-->Options-->Strategies, regardless if they have been submitted or not.

So in your case, when you submit the scale order, it will change the stop/targets to fill 18 (6 from the original order plus the new 12).

Ray

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Ray, we're going in circles!

I understand your explanation, and I agree that's how it should work. But it does just the opposite.

The first order of 12 (6/6) enters only 1 target of 12 at the first target price, despite having two targets set. (THIS IS THE IMPORTANT POINT).

The second order of 12 amendS the first target by adding six contracts, and displays an additional 6 contracts at the second target. (THIS PART MAKES SENSE)

In other words, the second order executes correctly, while the first order showsonly one target for the full amount

Why does the first order, which has two targets, enter only one target when executed?

I tried to upload a short Camtasia movie of what happens, but it asks for a URL, not a file location.

Comment

imported post

Sorry, maybe I am not explaining things clearly.

Why does the first order, which has two targets, enter only one target when executed?

Because when you place the second order which is a scale order, it ammends the target qty from 6 to 18. When your first order fills, it submits an order for 12 of 18 contracts for target 1. Then once the 2nd order fills, it completes the remaining 6 of 18, then places the 2nd target for the remaining 6.

Ray
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

I too am trying to learn the logic of targets and scaling. Regarding this situation....is it correct then if only the 1st order of 12 were working/filled the targets would be distributed 6x6? Then AFTER 12 are filled a second order placed would then distribute upon execution 6x6 also making for 2 targets of 12 each? ..........

In your example where both 12 lot orders working and distributed 18x6 once both were filled...........what would happen if you +target ..............or - target.........then what would happen upon -target after +target or +target after -target?

Still working on this +/- target logic when toggling/scaling in........I realize that settings in options/strategies makes a difference....but for now I have both choices turned off..........

Regards

Bruce

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post usazencort  
            Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM