Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error updating EOD Kinetick

Hi,

i have several strategies enabled from strategies tab, when updating datafeed EOD Kinetick. ES - strategy gives me a buy signal but i have this error.

What this error mean? How to avoid it?..

Hello vibarco,

Please note that the Kinetick EOD connection does not provide realtime data. It provides historical daily data only. To run automated strategies, realtime data is required.

Do you have another connection available which does provide realtime data? If so, please connect it and disconnect Kinetick EOD. Subsequently check if the automated strategies can submit orders successful.

If you do not have another connection, I suggest to apply for a free demo connection at the link below.
    NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason,

yes, i know about that limitation, just i want to get signals on EOD basis, not realtime, so if i use EOD data, you mean i always get this kind of error when i get a buy/sell signal?. I am writing signals to a file too, can i avoid this popup some way?, i am thinking on just write signals into a file and delete maket orders from code but i want to see the performance and trades on chart. Is it posible?.

Regards.

Comment

Yes, unfortunately you will experience such an error when using the Kinetick EOD connection which cannot be avoided.

I suggest to use the Strategy Analyzer to backtest the strategy you like, so you can see trade performance. Please see the link below for a video and instructions to backtest strategies in the Strategy Analyzer.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Yes, unfortunately you will experience such an error when using the Kinetick EOD connection which cannot be avoided.

I suggest to use the Strategy Analyzer to backtest the strategy you like, so you can see trade performance. Please see the link below for a video and instructions to backtest strategies in the Strategy Analyzer.
          http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...a_strategy.htm
          Thanks Jason,

i'll go with your suggestion, and remove market orders in code.

Regards.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post cre8able  
          Started by fiddich, Today, 05:25 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes