• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ninjatrader 7 and 8 simultaneously

is it possible to run ninja 7 and 8 on same pc simulateously.thank you

Hi easyfying,

Thanks for the post.

It is possible to run NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 simultaneously.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-29-2021, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Dear Support,

Does the NT 8 install differently (location, folders, etc.) from NT 7 on the same computer?

Do they interfere with each other or will work independently?

Case in example; I want to use NT 7 for live trading until I am comfortable with NT 8, but I also want to experiment with NT 8 in sim on the same computer, is this possible?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi aligator,

NinjaTrader 8 installs in its own unique folder that is not associated with NinjaTrader 7. They are two separate programs.

You may run NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 simultaneously, however, you may not be able to connect to the same account depending on your underlying connection technology.

The same live license key may be used on the same PC in both versions simultaneously.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-29-2021, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          Hi aligator,

NinjaTrader 8 installs in its own unique folder that is not associated with NinjaTrader 7. They are two separate programs.

You may run NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 simultaneously, however you may not be connected to the same account or use the same license key simultaneously.

As long as you are connected to a different account and are not using the same live license key then you will be able to run NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8 at the same time.
          Thanks Patrick,

OK, here is where I am not clear yet:

Currently NT 7 is installed on C:>Program Files> NT7. However, a folder is also created under Documents > Ninja Trader 7 that holds settings, custom stuff, data, etc. This folder remains and not impacted when new versions of NT7 are installed so that one has access to custom stuff.

When installing NT8 on the same computer it will install independently perhaps under C: > Program Files > NT 8. Is a new C: < Document < Ninja Trader 8 folder also created? There are some NT7 .dat files under Documents. Will these be shared by NT 7 and NT 8? Will there be any conflicts where there are over laps inside C:>Documents folder?

Also, for NT 7 Ninja Trader Backup folder is under C: > Documents > Ninja Trader Backup, a common folder.

Thanks.
          Last edited by aligator; 09-23-2015, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Yes - NinjaTrader 8 will install under:
            • Documents > Ninjatrader 8
            • Program Files (x86) > NinjaTrader 8

When you install NinjaTrader 8 you will have the option to import relevant files in to NinjaTrader 8 from NinjaTrader 7

There will be no "overlaps" because they are saved in different folders.

Comment

i am using nt8 and nt7 simultaneously but i have problems, always nt8 or nt7 stop to work suddenly..

what can i do ?

Comment

Hello alexander.av,

Thank you for reaching out.

Are you trying to utilize the same connection at the same time? Do you receive errors on your screen?

There may be a limitation with your account as to how many connections can be made on it at once.

Would you please send me your log and trace files to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email so I may investigate this matter further.
                • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' and 'NinjaTrader 7' folder
                • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_Eleanore; 07-09-2021, 11:44 AM.
                Eleanore T.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes, at the same time, i did't receive any error on my screen
                  at the moment i am only using sim account in nt8 and sim account in nt7, but in nt8 my lifetime conecction and nt7 i am using ninja trader continuum free, that is the error?

Comment

Hello alexander.av,

Thank you for your reply.

If both platforms are set to connect to the same, single account, this is expected behavior.

There are limitations by the brokerage and connection technology on how many connections can be made to a single account.

If this is for multiple, separate accounts, please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with your log and trace files so I may investigate this matter further.

Thank you for using NinjaTrader.
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Eleanore; 07-29-2021, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Good Morning, If I open nt8 and nt7 simultaneously and I use simulated account in nt8 and simulated account in nt7, is this what cause problems? (every simulated account is different)

Comment

Hello alexander.av,

Thank you for your reply.

Are you connecting via the same account credentials when logging in (username and password)?

Even if you are using different simulated accounts but still connecting with the same username and password, this will not allow you to connect to both at the same time.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Comment

No, I am using different username and password. From nt8 I am using my lifetime account, and from nt7 I am using a free account

Comment

Hello alexander.av,

Thank you for your reply and clarification.

I will need to review your diagnostic files for both platforms to investigate this matter further.

Would you please send me your log and trace files to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your email so I may investigate this matter further.
                            • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' and 'NinjaTrader 7' folder
                            • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
                            • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
                            • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
                            I look forward to resolving this inquiry with you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                            Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes