Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sudden 'unable to write cache data'.

Hi,

I was happily using NinjaTrader (7.0.1000.29 Multi-Broker Live) this morning and executed several trades through ChartTrader. This afternoon, I noticed that Windows 8.1 was pending an O/S update. I:

1) Disconnected NinjaTrader
    2) Exited NinjaTrader, opting to "Save All" when prompted about saving workspaces.
    3) Restarted Windows
    4) Restarted NinjaTrader.

As NinjaTrader was opening and my default desktop was starting to display, I received an error message "Unable to write cache data". I clicked "OK" and my desktop came up and displayed a snapshot of data in each of my several opened windows. I was then able to connect to my broker and load live data as normal. However, during the completion of the data load, I received the same error message again. I click OK and Ninja appears to display all live data and This issue has recurred each time I've shut down Ninja and restarted. Any assistance you can provide in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

Thank you for your post. First, I suggest clearing your data cache so that NinjaTrader will load fresh data the next time you connect.

To clear the cache, please close NinjaTrader and navigate to the following directory:

* My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Db

Delete the contents of the cache, tick, minute and day folders. Now, when you restart NinjaTrader and connect to your data feed, NinjaTrader will load new data.

We have also seen these messages in relation to expired third-party indicators or add-ons. If you have any of these, I suggest removing them to see if that will resolve the error message (Tools > Edit NinjaScript, or File > Utilities > Remove NinjaScript Assembly),
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Eric. Removing the files under db did the trick. Many thanks!

Comment

Thank you for the follow up, glad to hear that helped!
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes