Averaging Up in price ATM strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Averaging Up in price ATM strategy?

I want to design an ATM strategy that will do the following. The example is for going long ES but I'm not sure if it's possible.

Enter long trade with 1 ES contract and automatically set a stop loss

As ES goes in my favor add another contract 2 ticks higher using a buy stop order that was placed immediately upon my initial entry

Ditto for the 3rd ES contract.

Essentially when the first entry is made the ATM strategy places 1 sell stop order and 2 buy stop orders, 2 and 4 ticks above the initial entry price (averaging up)

Also, if the buy stop orders are hit then those quantities are added to the sell stop already in place.

Profit targets will be managed based on discretion and will be set manually.

Any help here will be greatly appreciated. Is this possible?

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

It would be possible to place secondary entry orders which would be added to the existing Stop Loss order however entry orders 2 and 3 will need to be placed manually.

After selecting your ATM Strategy template place your first entry order. Even before this order has filled you can place entry order's 2 and 3 however you will need to ensure that the 'Active ATM Strategy' which was created when entry order 1 was placed is selected in the ATM Strategy drop down menu before placing orders 2 and 3. This will cause these scale-in orders to be managed by the ATM Strategy as the orders fill.

I hope that this helps to clear things up however if other questions come up which I could assist with please let me know.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm curious about this as well. Seems the answer is no. Multiple entry orders cannot be submitted upon entry, using a single ATM. Too bad. Seems like a real simple and straightforward feature.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Max238