Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multiple Accounts: TS to NT with 1 License?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Accounts: TS to NT with 1 License?

I'm trying to make an informed decision for my boss who manages a bunch of IB accounts basically as a financial advisor. He has control of accounts at IB with different names on the accounts. He would like to route orders from Tradestation workspaces to each IB account individually.

If he buys 1 Ninjatrader license for the IB technology, can he route orders from Tradestation to all the different accounts using the technique of having a TS workspace for each account?

Or does he have to purchase a NT license for each entity for which he manages?

The entities he manages include IRAs, normal taxable accounts, all with different names.

Please advise. Thank you!

Originally posted by geoMEAN View Post
    I'm trying to make an informed decision for my boss who manages a bunch of IB accounts basically as a financial advisor. He has control of accounts at IB with different names on the accounts. He would like to route orders from Tradestation workspaces to each IB account individually.

If he buys 1 Ninjatrader license for the IB technology, can he route orders from Tradestation to all the different accounts using the technique of having a TS workspace for each account?

Or does he have to purchase a NT license for each entity for which he manages?

The entities he manages include IRAs, normal taxable accounts, all with different names.

Please advise. Thank you!
    Hi geoMEAN,

Thank you for your note.

This is technically possible however, NinjaTrader does not have a commercial users licenses at this time which would require your boss to purchase multiple licenses per account. That means he can not use one license to trade all accounts but, we do leave the option open that this can change in the future. Although there are no plans to change it at this time.

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have follow up question.

I'm not sure about my boss but I trade my own accounts in a similar manner. I have a taxable individual account and a ROTH IRA at Interactive Brokers. If I bought a single broker technology license for myself only, would I be able to route orders from tradestation to both IB accounts using the workspace name technique with only the 1 license?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by geoMEAN View Post
        Thank you for your quick reply.

I have follow up question.

I'm not sure about my boss but I trade my own accounts in a similar manner. I have a taxable individual account and a ROTH IRA at Interactive Brokers. If I bought a single broker technology license for myself only, would I be able to route orders from tradestation to both IB accounts using the workspace name technique with only the 1 license?

Thanks in advance!
        Hi geoMEAN,

Yes, this would be possible if the account is belonging to you.

Connecting To Multiple IB Accounts (multiple TWS instances) simultaneously

You can connect to multiple TWS instances by creating two separate connections in the NinjaTrader Connection Manager. Just repeat the steps found here:http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/su...ivebrokers.htm

When repeating the steps set the different port numbers for each connection. For example:
        TWS Instance One - Configure > API > Socket Port = 7496
        TWS Instance Two - Configure > API > Socket Port = 4000

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post cls71
        by cls71