Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with oil file

Hi everyone

My problem is that NT takes the fisrt oil file that I copy in the incoming folder and after that there no possibility to copy an other file until I quite and restart NT.
    I can not copy any kind of file after the first one. It seems that the incoming folder is locked or something like that.
    Do you have any ideas about this issue ?

Hello ghtais,

From the NinjaTrader help guide on OIF files:

OIFs must be written to the folder "My Documents\<NinjaTrader Folder>\incoming" and be named oif*.txt. You can simply send an oif.txt file however, it is suggested that you increment each OIF so that you end up with unique file names such as oif1.txt, oif2.txt, oif3.txt. The reason is that if you send a lot of OIFs in rapid succession, you do run the risk of file locking problems if you always use the same file name. This will result in a situation where your file is not processed.
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._files_oif.htm

May I confirm you are enumerating the filename suffix as suggested to prevent locking?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thanks you for your reply
      Yes I do ! I have read carefully the ATI Instructional content
      My oif file are OIF1.txt, OIF2.txt, ...

the problem is I can not copy/past in the incoming folder until I quit NT or Turn off AT interface in the control panel. When I right click "Past" on the mouse nothing happen.

Comment

Hello ghtais,

I have also experienced this issue. What I have found is that the file has to be copied several times in a row for this to take.

(Hold Crtl+V and this will try and paste over and over until it takes)
        If you have an external application that is copying these files, it will need to do this also. Once the order is taken, there will be an outgoing file for it in the outgoing folder you can use to stop your external application.

This is something that we are looking to for NinjaTrader 8.

Comment

Hum ...

thank you for your reply but I must say I'am little bit disappointed.
          when you place an order you can not wait for X minutes old on Ctr +V, you want your order to be executed quickly right on time.
          Same thing with an external application.

This would mean that The File interface method is not working ?
          Nobody use it ?

Comment

ghtais,

What I am finding is that this seems to work for external applications but seems to have issues when manually pasting the file.

I'm working with development to look further into this. However, from testing moving a file into this folder through an external application seems to work without issue.

Let me know if your external application has issues as this will be information I need to pass on to development.

As I mentioned I am also looking into this for NinjaTrader 8.

(edit)
            A small mention I wanted to make was that if your application can include the NTDirect.dll you may be able to use the API to send these orders.
            http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG.../functions.htm
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 08-17-2015, 02:19 PM.

Comment

When I copy/paste my second Oif file in the incoming folder I get this error in the NT log.

OIF read error 'C:\Users\xxx\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\incoming\oif02.txt' Exception 'The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\xxx\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\incoming\oif02.txt' because it is being used by another process.'

I have written a little script like this :

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
              objFSO.CopyFile "C:\My strategy.txt" , "C:\Users\xxx\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\incoming\oif01.txt"

It gives the same issue.
              first file is fine, seconde file failed

Comment

I have done a lots of test during the day.
                Nothing works. I have always the same error in the NT log after the first oif file was deposited in the incoming folder.
                After reading this thread : http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...&highlight=oif I have tried to copy de oif file with the MSdos COPY command instead of manually with no success
                I have tried the MOVE command to.
                I have verified that there is no attributes assigned to files (read only or something else)

It seems that you have an important issue in ninja trader with this function.
                Too bad because I find this function very convenient to automated trading.
                Lot easier than with DLL

Comment

Hi ghtais,

Thank you for letting me know the external app is having the same issue.

I have submitted a bug report about this issue with OIF files to the NinjaTrader development department.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by philmg, Today, 12:55 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post philmg
                  by philmg

Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM