How to see trades on chart from real-time strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to see trades on chart from real-time strategies

I have strategies running on live sim account. When doing strategy analzyer, I can choose the chart tab and then see all my trades on the chart and see why the trades did not work, maybe some that the strategy missed, etc. It was good for debugging and building confidence that the strategy is doing what I want it to do.

So I put it on "real-time" sim account to see how the strategy works in real-time. But I cannot fgure out how to see the trades on a chart. I tried seeing the real-time performance, then choosing the Chart tab, but there are no trades on it. Then, I go to the Trades tab and right click to see chart, but then it shows the one trade on the right edge of the chart (which makes it unreadable).

So I can I do this? I have attached screenshots of what I see when I try each and what I am wanting with the example from strategy analyzer.

Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hi stearno,

The first screenshot is of the Charts tab of strategy performance. I also need to see the executions tab so that these can be matched to the chart. Are there any trades in the executions tab? May I have a screenshot of this along side the chart tab screenshot to compare?

The second screenshot is showing that you are looking at real-time trades and not historical trades. Just a tip, if the strategy is disabled and re-enabled this will be reset, however, the realized PnL will remain.

The third (and forth and fifth) screenshot is of a chart that does have trades. However, this chart is missing a huge amount of data (from 8/15 to today 8/18). The trades happened during that time of data that is missing so that all appear squished on each other. This is made obvious by the huge price drop on the chart to the current price.
    You need to reload the chart and download the missing data.
    If you are using FXCM as your account connection and FXCM's historical data server you can get 1 day of historical minute data. If you are using NinjaTrader's historical data server for FXCM there is no limit the amount of historical minute data. (You can check your server for FXCM in the Account Connections. Tools -> Account Connections... -> name of connection -> Change... -> Next -> Historical Data)
    Right-click the chart -> select Reload All Historical Data to download the missing data.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This morning a took a look again at it, and now it is showing trades on the chart for every pair. So maybe it was lack of history data, as you mentioned. I have attached 2 screenshots showing the executions and that they appear on the chart.

Thanks for your quick reply and help!

-Stearno
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello stearno,

I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance anytime.
        Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post xiinteractive  
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes