Workspaces on Multiple Monitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspaces on Multiple Monitors

Hello, I like to analyze each market using at least several different charts, each which have a workspace of their own with different indicators and so on, on each chart.

If I set up multiple computer monitors, say three in total, would I be able to view a different NinjaTrader workspace on each of the three monitors?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

A single workspace will use all available monitors. Unfortunately, it is not possible to display different workspaces on different monitors due to this. With this said, it sounds like you could achieve your goal with a single workspace where windows are applied to each of your monitors.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kyle, Thanks for your reply.

Not sure I quite understand. If I create one workspace, it could hold multiple charts?

If so, would each of the charts need to be resized smaller so they could be divided into sections on the monitor screen? Such as three different charts, each taking 1/3 of the screen?

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Your understanding is correct - a single workspace can hold many charts. Those charts can be resized and arranged using the click-and-drag process which would be used in many windows applications.

I hope that this helps to clear things up however if you have other questions please let me know.

Comment

Hello Kyle, Thanks for the clarification.

The main thing I'm trying to accomplish is to be able to analyze each market faster. The intraday futures markets, especially during the first 90 minutes of the day, move extremely fast, so every second and every minute especially, counts.

Am I able to have two instances of NinjaTrader open on two different computers, say on a PC and on a laptop, so that I could at least view two different screens with multiple charts on each, simultaneously?

Comment

Hello,

Yes, provided that you are using multiple PC's it should be possible for you to access multiple instances of NinjaTrader as you have described.

Comment

Hi Kyle,

Great, thanks for the info.

One last question. If I have say three different charts on one workspace, can I drag say two of those charts onto two different computer monitors?

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Yes, the charts can be moved to any monitor which is attached to the PC.

Comment

Hello Kyle,

Great, thanks for letting me know.

So if I understand correctly, I can view different charts on multiple monitors, but just not by using multiple workspaces to try to do so.

As long as each chart that I want to view on a different monitor, is on one workspace, then I can view each chart on a different computer monitor screen, by dragging each chart to the various monitor screens.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Your understanding is completely correct.

Comment

Hi There, I am using ninja on a laptop and added a monitor. How can I ensure that when I upload a workspace it goes onto my satellite / secondary monitor and not my laptop ? it is time consuming to drap and drop all the charts every time i switch workspaces.

Comment

Hello LeoJo​,
                        Thank you for your post.

You can simply ensure that you close and restart the NinjaTrader Platform on your secondary monitor with all your windows present so when you go and open the platform it will upload on your secondary monitor so you won't have to drag and drop all the charts every time. Please ensure you do this for all your workspaces so they are all being opened on your secondary monitor and please make sure to save the workspace. I have included a help guide below on workspaces to provide you with more information on this feature.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...paces_menu.htm

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                        Adrian B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                        24 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post spwizard  
                        Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes