Workspaces: A Problem at Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workspaces: A Problem at Startup

I am using NT 6.5.1000.2 (WinXP Pro). Besides the Default Workspace (I keep it empty for convenience in test-driving new things without having to disturb my "working" Workspaces), I have two "working" Workpaces, one devoted to the emini Russell and the other devoted to the emini S&P. I keep all three open most of the time. When I close down Ninja for the day, I save all Workspaces. The next day, when I open Ninja, the last Workspace in view before closing the previous day is the one that is in view when I start up Ninja. After connecting to Dorman/Zenfire, all charts, DOM's and Time and Sales windows update in price without a hitch. However, when I switch to the other "working" Workspace, the one that is open, but not in view, the charts are not updating in price. The DOM's and T&S windows are updating though. To get the charts to update, I need to jump-start them by going to the "Format Data Series" window and, after making sure that the "Last Date" is correct, clicking "OK." Sometimes the "Last Date" entry is correct, sometimes it is yesterday's date. In either case, when I click "OK" the charts refresh and are then updating. Any suggestions on how to fix this so that all active Workspaces update when the connection is made to the data source?

Hello gpq,

It could be your workspace is corrupted somehow. I suggest to delete the workspace and recreate a new one. Check if the issue persists upon using a new workspace.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I'm having the same problem, if a workspace is open but is not the active workspace it won't update (after a NT restart & connect)...

Comment

Hello ryker,

Could you please try my suggestion below and check if the issue persists upon using a new workspace.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ninja Jargon Help

Hello ryker and Jason,
          We need a little help here from Ninja so that we are not comparing apples and oranges. I'm calling all Workspaces that are open "active" workspaces and the one that is on my screens the "working" Workspace. The ones not on the screens are in the background, but still active. Jason, is there a Ninja-preferred title for these?

Also, ryker, my problem is slightly different from yours. Once I jump-start my charts and get them to update, I can switch from one workspace to the other at will, and they are all updated in real time. In addition, if I disconnect from Zenfire and then reconnect, all charts in all workpaces refresh and are updating. The update issue appears to be a problem for me only when I initially start up for the first time in the morning.

I'll set up a new workspace today and try again tomorrow to see if it is a corrupt workspace problem. Thanks.

Comment

Update

Yesterday, I completely cleaned my computer of NT 6.5. Downloaded and installed a new copy. Rebuilt two new Workspaces from scratch, one for the ES (377T chart, 987T chart, 1 min chart with TPO Volume Profile) and the other for the ER2 (233Tchart, 610T chart, 1 min chart with TPO Volume Profile). I also added charts to the Default Workspace, which I normally keep empty. I every case, when I start up Ninja Trader, only the charts in the Workspace that displays first at startup are updating. All DOMs and Time and Sales Windows in all Workspaces are updating. Also, in this new incarnation of NT6.5 and my Workspaces, I am only loading the fin-alg.com TPO Charts and no other 3rd party add-ons are loading (I get the same result with or without this add-on loading). To get the charts running, I need to jumpstart them by going to the "Format Data Series Window" and clicking OK. In addition, when I shut down NT, I always get the error message displayed in the attachment. There appears to be a problem with the NT6.5.1000.2 application.
            Attached Files

Comment

This is a bug that is fixed for our next update.
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Works great!

Ray, I had to get back to you and let you know how much I appreciate you guys keeping up on this stuff. This fix works incredibly well. Switching from one Workspace to another all charts are up-to-date. They don't miss a beat. Thanks.
                Gerry

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes