Updating FXCM Profit Targets in NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating FXCM Profit Targets in NT

I set profit targets using ExitLongLimit and ExitShortLimit, and store the IOrder object that's returned by these functions.

If I want to change the target, I've been calling ExitLongLimit/ExitShortLimit again, and replacing the IOrder object from the previous target with this one.

This works in NT -- I can see the limit order update. However, the change doesn't appear to propagate to my open order in FXCM.

I'm guessing that I need to cancel the order first before calling the limit functions with the new targets? What's the proper way to do this? I'd appreciate your feedback.

Hello micprice,

Thank you for your post.

This should work with FXCM as with other providers. Please send us your Log and Trace files so we may investigate this matter further.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Please reference this thread in your e-mail: "http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=77438"

Comment

Thank you, will do.

A bit of background -- I noticed approximately 45 min ago that my NT session was out of sync with FXCM. I had positions opened in NT that were no longer open in FXCM. As a result, my strategy thought I didn't have enough margin to open a new position.

I noticed that for the positions that were open, the profit targets weren't up to date. Also, the value of the positions were out of sync. In NT, for example, a position showed as out of the money whereas in FXCM it was profitable.

There could actually be an overriding problem that caused things to go out of sync. I don't know if this helps, but I leave my computer on -- it never shuts down/sleeps. I noticed it was out of sync while I was online. I don't believe I had any internet connectivity issues this morning.

Also, I have:

- if (Historical) return false; in my onBarUpdate() function so that historical orders aren't submitted.
      - Immediately submit live working orders (only because I didn't want to have "Wait Until Flat" set)
      - Sync account position = false (so that my strategy doesn't cancel live FXCM orders when it's enabled)

I'll send you my logs now. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post alifarahani  
      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH