Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 10 Issues with Ninja 32-bit

Dear Support,

Hi. After upgrading to Windows 10, Ninja (32-bit) will not start. No problem with Ninja 64-bit.

Some data providers (i. e. TDAmeritrade) will only support 32-bit version of Ninja.

Any idea, if this issue is common with Windows 10 upgrade, and any fixes for that?

Thanks.

Hello aligator,

Can you please send me your log and trace files for today, so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach the files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, Windows 10 Issues with Ninja 32-bit' in the subject header.

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20150824 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20150824 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello aligator,

Can you please send me your log and trace files for today, so I can investigate. Log and trace files can be found at the following locations. Please attach the files in your email and send it to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Att Jason, Windows 10 Issues with Ninja 32-bit' in the subject header.

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20150824 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20150824 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)
      Jason, Eric, ShawnB,

Thank you all for your help.

I was finally able to figure out this problem with NT 32-bit not loading after upgrading to Windows 10.

It is definitely a compatibility issue that Ninja Trader needs to fix in the code so that NT 32-bit runs under Windows 10.

After going through a compatibility diagnosis, rejecting all the error massage possibilities (since no error was being generated - the NT 32 will not simply start) a certain configuration was tested, worked out and saved. So the NT 32 bit can now be started.

However, once the NT32 icon is clicked to start the program a notification window opens and asks if I want to allow an unknown program to change my computer settings. If answered yes, then the NT32 starts. This "unknown" program is simply the NinjaTrader.exe file in its normal location. This is not a normal action when starting NT and needs to be addressed.

So, things are OK for now, although with an extra twist and step

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
        Jason, Eric, ShawnB,

Thank you all for your help.

I was finally able to figure out this problem with NT 32-bit not loading after upgrading to Windows 10.

It is definitely a compatibility issue that Ninja Trader needs to fix in the code so that NT 32-bit runs under Windows 10.

After going through a compatibility diagnosis, rejecting all the error massage possibilities (since no error was being generated - the NT 32 will not simply start) a certain configuration was tested, worked out and saved. So the NT 32 bit can now be started.

However, once the NT32 icon is clicked to start the program a notification window opens and asks if I want to allow an unknown program to change my computer settings. If answered yes, then the NT32 starts. This "unknown" program is simply the NinjaTrader.exe file in its normal location. This is not a normal action when starting NT and needs to be addressed.

So, things are OK for now, although with an extra twist and step

Cheers!
        Sounds like you have a different problem. NT7 starts and runs with no problem on my Windows 10 Pro with no issues other than the usual possible issues of a running NT.

Comment

Hello aligator,

Thanks for posting how you got it to work.

We are continuing to look into this as there are other users running on Windows 10 without issue.
          BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
            Sounds like you have a different problem. NT7 starts and runs with no problem on my Windows 10 Pro with no issues other than the usual possible issues of a running NT.
            koganam, Brandon,

No problem here with NT7 64-bit either, after upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Only NT7 32-bit has issues in my case .

Are you saying you can start NT7 in 32-bit mode under Windows 10 Pro? Can you access TDAmeritrade?
            Last edited by aligator; 08-28-2015, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post
              koganam, Brandon,

No problem here with NT7 64-bit either, after upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Only NT7 32-bit has issues in my case .

Are you saying you can start NT7 in 32-bit mode under Windows 10 Pro? Can you access TDAmeritrade?
              I only deal with TDA because they bought out TOS, and I have a TOS account, so I do not access TDA with NT. But otherwise, yes, NT7 32-bit starts and runs just fine with all my other brokers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post RookieTrader