Could not connect ES Symbol 8/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could not connect ES Symbol 8/24

All morning on 8/24 I was unable to connect to ES 9-15 on NinjaTrader Rithmic.
    Later in the afternoon I was able to connect but had several very large Holes in the data , one at about 10:45 EST to 11:20. That hole is still there today even after a Data Reload.
    Support is telling there is no problem on there end. Did anyone else have a Problem or seen this hole on ES.

Thanks
    Jerry

Hello JerryWar,
    Thank you for your post. I also don't see the data gap on my end. I suggest clearing your data cache and having NinjaTrader load fresh data into your charts.

To clear the cache, please close NinjaTrader and navigate to the following directory:

* My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Db

Delete the contents of the cache, tick, minute and day folders. Now, when you restart NinjaTrader and connect to your data feed, NinjaTrader will load new data.

Let me know if you see the same gap after reconnecting.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Eric,
      Thanks. That fixed the data. However, my concern is why I was unable to connect to begin with.
      No Error, No Data and then holes in the data. Not good, it kind of takes away confidence in the platform. An explanation would be nice.

Thanks
      Jerry

Comment

Hello Jerry,

This is Kyle responding on behalf of Eric.

Based on the information which you and Eric reviewed and the results which you have reported it appears that data within the Cache folder was corrupt in some way as clearing this data resolved the issue. Unfortunately, there is no logging which I could use to track down the source of the corruption however things like unexpected shut downs of NinjaTrader or the PC itself can result in corruptions in the data held within this folder.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle,
          Thanks for your response. The idea that there was something wrong with the cashe data before adding the ES data doesn't make sense.There was no ES data to add to It was the first time in a long time any ES chart was being created. The ES was the only new chart data being added to the casche. So why does it mess up when all the other data that is running by the way is displaying fine. Personally this is not much by way of an explanation.
          Let me ask you. What needs to be done to stop this from happening ever again. Could you outline a procedure by which I will never have to deal with this in the heat of trading again.

Thanks for your time., I await your response.
          Jerry

Comment

Hello JerryWar,

Thank you for your reply. Based on your initial post, you had worked with one of our support techs prior to this thread -- I suggest continuing that support case to find a resolution, as that tech will be familiar with the specifics to your case outside of what is posted here.
            Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
            Started by Taddypole, Today, 02:47 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes