Performance Tuning NT7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance Tuning NT7

I have been using NT for years, but the increase in volatility and trading volume the past few days has rendered my trading platform useless. NT7 stalls and lags throughout the day, and my realtime charts are not updating for 15 minutes!!!!

I have pared back my workspace and charts to the minimum I need to trade. Nevertheless, my charts are lagging and not updating throughout the day. Previously, I would only experience these types of lags right at the beginning of trading and close of trading for equities. Now the lags are longer and occurring throughout the day.

What can I do? I have 8 gigs of RAM and a 6-core CPU. CPU usage and Memory usage are only in the 10 -25% range.

I am using NT7 and CQG Continuum Datafeed.

Hello gmachine,

Thank you for your post. Based on what you're describing, you have already taken some steps to make your Workspace less CPU-intensive. However, I suggest also taking a look and applying the settings advising in our Performance Tips, as they may be able to help reduce the lagging you're experiencing.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ance_tips2.htm

If that doesn't help, it may be a particular indicator, bartype or add-on is causing this. To test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace(s).

Note: this will not remove any settings or data.

1. Shut down NinjaTrader
    2. Navigate to the folder (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces
    3. Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML".
    4. Right click on "Untitled1.xml"
    5. Select Rename
    6. Rename it to "Untitiled1 Old.xml"
    7. After deleting and renaming the files above, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.

Open a chart (File > New > Chart) and individually add back the elements from your saved workspace one at a time to see if one in particular causing NinjaTrader to lag.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post gentlebenthebear  
    Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:31 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes