please tell me how to download historical price data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

please tell me how to download historical price data

please tell me how to download several years of historical forex eurusd daily data [ie] date, open, high, low, close for each day.

Hi joemiller,

Historical data is downloaded automatically from your datafeed provider (where available) when anything on NinjaTrader requests historical data. You can increase the number of days to load on a chart by right-clicking on a chart, left-clicking Data Series, then changing the 'Days to load' property to the number of days you'd like to request from your datafeed provider.

If you're referring to Market Replay data, see the following:

Download Market Replay
    <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

i have daily eurusd going back to 1993 on my pc, which i think i downloaded from kinetick end of day. i downloaded it several months ago & now i want to update the file but i forget how to do it.

please advise.

Comment

Hi joemiller,

You would connect to Kinetick End-of-Day, create a $EURUSD Daily chart, and set your number of Days to load to a very large number (say, 30,000) to grab all of the available end-of-day data available from Kinetick End-of-Day, after which it will be stored on your hard drive.
        <span class="name">Alex C.</span><span class="title">NinjaTrader Customer Service</span><iframe name="sig" id="sigFrame" src="/support/forum/core/clientscript/Signature/signature.php" frameborder="0" border="0" cellspacing="0" style="border-style: none;width: 100%; height: 120px;"></iframe>

Comment

i use the data as input to a visual basic program.
          each data file record structure is as displayed in the
          following 7 records .....

20150507;1.13465;1.13915;1.1325;1.1348
          20150506;1.1184;1.1369;1.11735;1.13455
          20150505;1.1144;1.1222;1.10655;1.1184
          20150504;1.11875;1.12235;1.11215;1.1144
          20150501;1.1223;1.1289;1.11735;1.11925
          20150430;1.1127;1.1265;1.107;1.12225
          20150429;1.0979;1.11865;1.0958;1.11265

if i remember correctly i downloaded the data from ninja?
          if i could have done so, please tell me how i probably did it.

Comment

Hi joemiller,

If the data came from Kinetick End-of-Day (which is built-in to NinjaTrader) as you describe, then this would have been the method used to download that data.

Comment

please tell me the location of the downloaded data.
              i'm guessing it is somewhere in the ninja folder?

Comment

Hi joemiller,

Historical data is stored in the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db folder, within the 'minute', 'tick', and 'day' subfolders.

Comment

the file looks like --> i@(@ŻX5 —Ŕ(‘>Ŕ&UĆ i@(@ŻX5

instead of like --> 20150507;1.13465;1.13915;1.1325;1.1348

is there any other way i could have downloaded the info?
                  i am just about dead certain i got it from kinetick

Comment

Hi joemiller,

That's difficult to say. Suffice it to say, if you did get it from Kinetick, it would have been via the method I mentioned below.

Comment

please tell me how to communicate with kinetick

Comment

Hi joemiller,

The contact form for Kinetick is located here:

https://kinetick.com/support.php

Comment

my downloaded file was NinjaTrader.sdf
                          how do I open the sdf file? I have unsuccessfully tried many methods.

Comment

Hi joemiller,

NinjaTrader.sdf is the database file containing several types of data, including items such as historical order information (such as times and prices in which trades were placed). That said, historical chart data would not be one of the items contained within that file. There is not a supported way for someone to open this file.

Any downloaded historical data will appear in the 'minute', 'tick', and 'day' subfolders in the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db folder.

Comment

fyi

when the question is ...
                              ''please tell me how to download several years of historical forex eurusd daily data [ie] date, open, high, low, close for each day''

suffice it to say that the answer is ...
                              ''control center/tools/historical data manager/export''

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post XXtrader  
                              Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Waxavi