Can MBT use ATM strategie which need to adjust STOP1 and TARGET1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can MBT use ATM strategie which need to adjust STOP1 and TARGET1

The attached message when connecting to MBT implies that my client cannot use the full features of ATM strategies.
    We need to be able to adjust STOP1 and TARGET1 frequently.
    Is there a workaround?
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, there is no work around which will allow OCO or ATM Strategies with Stop Loss and Profit Target orders to be used when trading equities through MB Trading. With this said, please be aware that this limitation applies to equities only - OCO and ATM Strategies can be used when trading futures or forex through MB Trading.

I hope that this helps to clear things up however if other questions come up which I could assist with please let me know.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your quick response, Kyle.
      It's pity, because OCO/ATM are not working properly at TD Ameritrade either at the moment, so the client chose MBT as a next step for stocks.
      These OCO/ATM limitations should have been clearly spelled out on this page:

Although item 12 on that page is warning about issues with OCO, the implication is that they are simulated. It would have saved the client the task of setting up an account and then configuring NT only to find the warning message at configuration time meant that trying MBT as an alternative broker was a wasted effort.

My understanding is that Interactive Broker is the remaining option for stocks.
      Can you verify that there are no OCO/ATM limitations there, before the client goes through the effort account set up and configuration process?
      Last edited by roland_nt; 08-30-2015, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Hello roland_nt,

There are no limitations between NinjaTrader and Interactive Brokers in terms of OCO. OCO (One Cancels Other) functionality is natively supported on their servers.
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Barry Milan  
        Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes