Market replay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market replay

when I move the slider bar, the chart blanks out and it restarts from the beginning of the recorded session.

imported post

Please provide a reproducible scenario:
    - which instrument?
    - which data interval (1-minute?)
    - how much data have you recorded for the recorded instrument for that day

Comment

imported post

I thought I would try once again to use Market Replay... still does not work.

I'm using version 5.2.0.2.

Here are the steps I took and the results:
      • Opened a fresh session of NT
      • Connected to Market Replay
      • Right clicked on the MR control
      • Selected 6/9/2006
      • Clicked on "Available Instruments" -> ER2 09-06 was listed
      • Did "File - New - Chart"
      • Selected ER2 09-06; Left the default interval set to '1 Minute Bars'; Set "days back" to '1' -> there was no "exclude today's data" box to uncheck per the video
      • Clicked "OK" -> a chart of yesterday's data (6/12/2006)was populated... (time I was doing this was 6/13 0234 ET)
      • Clicked the 'Play" hotspot -> the time on the MR control started ticking the time from 0458, but nothing happened on the chart.
      • I clicked on the "Fast Forward" hotspot until it was set to 50x
      • I clicked on the chart-> it went blank [Note: in a later attempt, it did not]
      • After about 10 minutes the time ticker on the MR control got to 0930... still no bars on the chart and no data displayed in the DOM
      • On a later attempt, when I right-clicked on the chart, it began to display data on both the chart and the DOM... however it still had the 6/12/2006 data on the chart so the indicators were incorrect.
      Please help me get this set up correctly. The video is either out of date or my software has a serious problem. I have only occassionally (a few months ago) been able to get Market Replay to work and even then it never pre-populated the data as is shown in the video, nor has the slider worked either forward or back.

For this to be useful, you need to preload some data so the indicators are correct. You also need to do something so that the user doesn't have to wait 10 minutes or more to see any data at all.

Comment

imported post

Market Replay does not pre-populate historical data. It only plots data from the replay file that is available. We realize this limitiation and future enhancements are on our list already.

Ray
        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Please respond to the other issues as well... why is it populating the most recent trading session? Why does nothing happen until I fool around with the chart... clicking here and there to try to get it to "go"? Why doesn't it pull in all the data on that saved replay (it only starts at 0930 ET at best)? Why does it start at differing arbitrary times as I mentioned (0458 one time, 06xx another?

Comment

imported post

Sorry, I did not intend to skip over the other issues you reported. We have rewrote some of the Market Replay code for NT6 due out later this summer to address several issues that have been reported and to make the experience better. The issues that you have experienced and itemized below will not be addressed in V5 since we have re-wrote it for V6 and we are at a point where we will not be making any major changes to V5.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

ok.. glad to hear... I thought maybe I wasn't using it correctly since the video is out of date. Is it too late for user input? I'm quite familiar with tick replay on another platform which I used considerably and as a former business application designer, I oculd probably make a significant contribution unless you are too far down the SDLC. I'd be happy to beta test the new version as well when it is ready.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post GLFX005
              by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
              2 responses