Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating Referenced dll: MemoryMappedFiles

Hello,

I wrote a strategy in Ninjatrader that uses MemoryMappedFiles. Ninjatrader recognizes the reference to "System.IO.MemoryMappedFiles." No problem. It recognizes "MemoryMappedFile.CreateNew." It recognizes "MemoryMappedFile.OpenExisting." And it recognizes "CreateViewAccessor." As far as I can tell, it recognizes all of these without problem. It allows me to hit the Compile button - no problem.

However, it does not let me use the MemoryMappedViewAccessor.Write function or the MemoryMappedViewAccessor.WriteArray function. Ninjatrader states, "System.IO.MemoryMappedFiles.MemoryMappedViewAcces sor does not contain a definition for WriteArray and no extension method ... could be found."

How can Ninjatrader have access to almost every part of "System.IO.MemoryMappedFiles" but not some of its crucial functions? Is there any way to fix this, please?

This is the line that causes problems:

Writer.WriteArray<byte>(AstIndex, WriteBytes, 0, WriteBytes.Length);

(Writer is a MemoryMappedViewAccessor)
    Last edited by Antiseptic; 08-31-2015, 04:55 PM.

Hello Antiseptic,

Thank you for writing in. The MemoryMappedViewAccessor class is not natively available in NinjaTrader 7 because MemoryMappedViewAccessor is a part of .NET 4 and higher and Ninjatrader 7 uses .NET 3.5. Referencing the specific dll from another version of .NET is unfortunately not supported in NinjaTrader 7. This post will remain open in case any other forum users may have helpful information for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Nt 8

Could I get NinjaTrader 8 then? I would be a good candidate for testing the beta since I would be testing NT8's ability to reference memorymappedfiles. I imagine most beta testers aren't looking at this particularized area.

Comment

Hello Antiseptic,

Please send an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com from the email address you would like email notifications about the beta sent to, letting us know you would like to participate in the beta. Then we will add you to the beta list. Each wave of the beta brings new participants. You will likely be included in either the next wave or the open beta whichever comes first.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Thanks very much! I appreciate it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by gm7_forum, Today, 05:51 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post gm7_forum  
          Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM