Ninjatrader slowly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjatrader slowly

• The NinjaTrader often runs slow and hangs on. Is there at NinjaTrader a store where I can delete old data?
      Can it be due to my Coputer? What are the recommended values, the needs of NinjaTrader?
      How many Chart windows should be opened to the maximum?
    • I've already taken and there has been no error message:
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.

Hello maxie,

You can experience slow and unresponsive behavior in NinjaTrader if you have many charts, indicators and other windows opened depending on market volatility as well.

The 'Calculate on bar close' setting for indicators can be important. If set to False, the indicator will be calculated on each incoming tick. During high volatlity this can be very CPU intensive especially if the indicator makes complicated calculations. Please set it to True in the Indicator menu and the indicator will only be calculated at the end of each price bar.

If you have workspaces opened in the background which you do not use, we suggest to close such workspaces. Please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check what workspaces are listed below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor. Any additional workspaces listed, are opened in the background.

Please select a workspace without the checkmark. Subsequently, go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Close Workspace. Repeat this procedure until only 1 workspace is opened. More tips and suggestions to improve the performance of NinjaTrader can be found at the link below.

You can find the minimum installation requirements at the link below.

It is hard to say how many charts you can have opened. It depends on how much data is loaded, what data type, how much indicators are applied, etc. Since you already experience slow behavior, I suggest to close a few charts and check if performance improves. Add or remove charts until you find a good setup that does not slow down NinjaTrader.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

in 'Save Workspace As'. is no checkmark-see screen
      Attached Files

Comment

This is the Save Workspace As window that opens after you click 'Save Workspace As'. When you go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces, you will see different items. The first 5 items allow you to open/close/save workspaces. Then you see a horizontal line. All items below this horizontal line are workspaces that are opened. The workspace that has a checkmark in front, is the workspace that is displayed on your monitor(s).
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

Now I understand, thank you

Say, there is a cache that I can delete times when NinjaTrader is slow?

Comment

Hello maxie,

You could repair the database which would reduce size and attempts to remove any corruptions or errors that could occur. You can do so by going to the Control Center -> Tools > Options... -> 'Data' tab > Click on 'Repair db' to repair the database.

Other than that, if NinjaTrader seems slow, I would advise to see the performance tips we provide from our help guide which can be found at the link below.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ance_tips2.htm
            Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post techgetgame  
            Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
            0 responses