Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Point and Figure One-Step-Back Rule

Hello,

I've been searching whether or not one-step-back rule was implemented in Point and Figure charts but didn't find anything. I saw several threads dated back to 2013 about this issue and I wonder whether or not it was solved. If it is solved how can I turn it on?

Best regards,
    Ruslan

Hi Ruslan,

I am not familiar with the one-step-back rule.
    How does this work with a point-and-figure bar?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,
      When you have only one box in the opposite direction new column is built right at the top or a bottom of the current column. What I mean there should never be one O or one X in a column. There should be either 2 or more X's, 2 or more O's or X and O. These are the three options. And as you can see on the chart below there are columns with just 1 O or X. These issue was discussed here as well:

I also would like to ask a question about how the session breaks display on the P&F charts. I started to trade Soybeans but these breaks (move to a new column with a market open) make it just impossible to use P&F there... I know that this problem was also considered by support. Has this one found a solution?

Best regards,
      Ruslan
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello mikhailov_ruslan,

I can confirm that the requested changes from the link you have provided have not been implemented.

With the session break and point and figure charts, yes, in NinjaTrader 8 it is now possible to have the point and figure bars ignore session break with a check box in the data series window.

Comment

Okay, that is a good news about session breaks. But what about about 1-step-back rule? Is it included in the "to-do-list". Or at least considered to be included?

Comment

Hello mikhailov_ruslan,

The one-step-back request is in our system and being tracked with ID SFT-652. Your vote has been added toward this.

Comment

The one step back rule is officially known as the Wyckoff style of doing a 1x point and figure chart. is is the way things must be if one is going to use point and figure charts correctly. Please see Jeremy DuPlesisis books on the subject.

Comment

Hi Chelsea

I too would be very happy to see the one-step-back type of point and figure charts for NinjaTrader. I definitely want to use this in my trading, and would much prefer not to use another source. Please add my vote.
                Thanks!

Comment

Hi again Chelsea

One more thing -- I am currently taking a webinar by Dr. Gary Dayton re the one-step-back
                  P&F charting, and have sent a request to him to point anyone who may have the same problem to NinjaTrader. Hopefully there will be more requests……
                  Thanks again

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NRITV
                  by NRITV

Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                  7 responses