NT loads seems to download historical data always

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT loads seems to download historical data always

Whenever i do a backtest using strategy analyser it takes a long time to download data and it seems to have to download the data from servers each and every time. I'm confused about how this works.

I am using FXCM and any time I backtest it seems to have to download the data from servers anew each time. this process is very slow. I have my account setup for historical data to use NT servers.

Whats the difference between NT FXCM servers and NT servers? and
    How can I speed up the backtesting and optimizing process by keeping historical data locally and not have to download the whole thing everything I backtest?

I am using the 64 bit version with a typical cable modem setup and my machine is top of the line i7 with ssd drive and 16gig memory and a gaming motherboard. it's a sweet setup so it seems a shame to have to wait for downloads all the time.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader historical data servers were setup as an alternative to FXCM historical data servers which are often slow in loading data. The two servers provide the same underlying data however.

In terms of using locally cached data, please open the Options menu and navigate to the Data tab. (Tools > Options > Data tab) In this tab, please un-check the 'Get Data From Server' box to force NinjaTrader to use it's locally cached data and download data only when that data is not already available.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Outstanding! what a massive difference that makes!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
      47 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post aligator  
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin