Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrolling not displaying "seconds" in time axis's

Hi Ninjatrader,

I made a tick based chart and (no matter how much I scroll to the left) I can only get 1 minute timestamps to display in the chart's time axis.

For example, in the bottom left of the attached screenshot of my chart you will see the time stamp 10:54:00, however I cannot get it to be followed by a 10:54:00 no matter how much I left click the time axis area and scroll it to the left. the best I can do is get it to be followed by the 10:55:00.

(FYI: I'm getting the historical tick by tick data in this chart from the paid version kinetic.com. And the version of Ninjatrader I'm using is "Ninjatrader 64-bit 7.0.1000.30)

Please help. Thanks!
    Attached Files

Hello Matheyas5,

I am not sure if I understand why you want two timestamps of 10:54:00. Could you please clarify?

The display of timestamps on the X-axis depends on the compression on the X-axis. I created a Tick chart using the Line on Close chart style on my end. It displays the timestamps in minutes for the most part. Only when I compress the X-axis to its maximum and minimum, I see seconds included in the timestamps (see screenshots).

Unfortunately there is no setting to setup fixed timestamps.
    Attached Files
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Type correction. I had meant to type:

" . . . the time stamp 10:54:00, however I cannot get it to be followed by a 10:54:01 . . ."

Does this change anything about your response?

Comment

Thank you for clarifying. Unfortunately not. The way timestamps are displayed depends on the compression of the X-axis. It is not possible to setup charts so they will always show seconds in timestamps.

Comment

When I only display the "last" prices on the chart I am able to compress the X-axis so that it shows the 1 second timestamps.

Its only when I display both the "bid" and "ask" prices on the same chart at the same time that it won't show the 1 second timestamps no matter how much I compress the X-axis.

Any idea why this is happening?

Comment

I experience the same when I test two data series (bid and ask) in one chart. Unfortunately it does not show timestamps in seconds when using multiple data series.

Comment

Hi Jason,

Would it be possible for me to export the historical Kinetic bid/ask/last tick data from Ninjatrader to Excel? And have the Excel file show timestamps for each bid/ask/last tick?

Viewing such an excel file would help me better understand what happened within the "1 minute" area we were discussing on this thread.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello Matheyas5,

Data can be manually exported to a comma delimeted text file which could be accessed within Excel. This can be done via the Historical Data Manager's Export tab. (Tools > Historical Data > Export) More information about exporting data can be found at this link to our Help Guide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../exporting.htm
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Great! I read over the link.
                  Is there a way I could export the BID/ASK/LAST tick data all into one Text file? Or would I need to export them into 3 separate text files (one for the BID, one for the ASK, and one for the LAST) and combine them into one file in excel?

Also, does Kinetic (or any other of your data providers) give historical DOM/level-2 Data? If so, how could export this data into a text File?

Comment

Unfortunately it is not supported to export bid, ask and last data in one file. You can only export them separate.

Yes, Kinetick supports Level II data. Unfortunately it is not supported to export this data to Excel by default. There is a workaround listed at the forum thread below (first 4 posts) which allows you to send data from NinjaTrader to Excel.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                    2 responses
                    1 like
                    Last Post BarzTrading  
                    Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes