Price Alert at Moving Average

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Alert at Moving Average

I've been searching and watching videos and can't find a simple answer (or any answer really for that matter)

I want to have an alert sound when price gets to a Moving Average.

Is this possible? Sounds relatively simple, but I can't find how to do so.

Thanks

Hello spideysteve,

Thank you for your post,

You can configure alerts for the SMA using the Market Analyzer (File > New).

In order to create audio alerts in the Market Analyzer, first right click on the Market Analyzer (MA) and select "Columns."

In the top left box, scroll and select "Indicator" and press New. Use the Indicator setting to the right to select "SMA."

Then, in the right parameters, click Alert Condition and the "..." that appears.

In the following "Alert Conditions" window, select New. To the right, you will be able to make specific setting for the alert.

Please see the below Video from our educational YouTube channel for more on creating alerts.

https://youtu.be/RQSp9NODAEk?t=1737

In addition to the following section of our help guide.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...rts_window.htm

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I have looked at all of what you said, including watching the video previously. Maybe I'm just missing something.

What I can see is that I can get an alert if the SMA crosses a certain point (say when a 200 SMA crosses 4260 on NQ). But what I don't see how to do is get an alert when PRICE gets to the SMA.

Hopefully that clarifies my question.

Thanks

Comment

Hello spideysteve,

Thank you for your reply,

The Market Analyzer relies on you entering a value for it to trigger the alert when that value is reached.

Having an alert trigger when the last traded price reaches the SMA would be possible via custom programming of an indicator.

It sounds like you may have already done some searching for this on our forum, so I suggest writing in in to PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] Com, as we will be able to forward your request to our NinjaaTrader Echosystem team who may be aware of one of our third-party partners that offer an add-on to accomplish the alert, or a NinjaScript Consultant that can assist with creating the indicator for you.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by FrancisMorro, Today, 03:24 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post FrancisMorro  
        Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
        10 responses