Charts not populating when switching to a different instrument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts not populating when switching to a different instrument

When I switch my charts from one instrument to another the charts do not populate. I get an error message in the trace file that reads as follows:

2015-09-10 14:16:23:835 (xxxx) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='TF 09-15' from='2015-09-10' to='2015-09-10' period=1 Min splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session='Ipe Europe Futures'

Do you have any idea what's wrong?

sandman

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

If you create a new chart for the instrument do you get the same error message or is this only while switching instruments?

Also do any bars show up on the chart after switching or are they completely blank?

Have you tried re connecting to the provider or restarting the platform at this point?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If you create a new chart for the instrument do you get the same error message or is this only while switching instruments?
      Yes, I get the same message.

Also do any bars show up on the chart after switching or are they completely blank?
      No, no bars at all. Completely blank.

Have you tried re connecting to the provider or restarting the platform at this point?
      What do you mean with "restarting"? I closed NT, then reopened and reconnected to CQG. Everything is fine and the charts that had been completely blank populated. But when I switch them to a different instrument, I again end up with blank charts.

sandman

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Please email our platform support using the Help -> Mail to platform support for further assistance on this.

Comment

Jesse. Thanks. Meantime I reviewed everything once more. I did not have anything new in my charts. The only thing different today were the two NT messages; one about upcoming contract rollovers, the other one about NT 7 Version 30. I had continued to click them as unread which meant they continued to pop up now and then.

I now clicked them as "read" so they would not reappear. I closed and restarted NT. And ... everything is okay. Somehow these messages as long as they were active must have interfered with the normal operation of NT.

sandman

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for letting me know this is resolved, if there is anything further I can do please let me know.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Jon17
            by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM