Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indicators changing plotting

Hello,
    First off, apolgies if an incomplete message was posted. I was typing a message and hit something I my computer causing the message to disappear and I don't know why or where it went.

I overlayed two indicators in the same window and noticed that as I scroll the screen one, or both, of the indicators changes its plotting. I'll think the indicators crossed only to realize they did not when I scroll. I have one plotted right and one left. I tried overlaying one and both, neither locked them. I had this issue with an indicator before and the support team looked at my info and said the problem was with the indicator and contact the vendor. I couldn't get anywhere with them and moved on. One of the indicators comes with ninjatrader, the other was downloaded. Hopefully there is a simple solution.
    Thanks,
    mw355

Hello mw355,

Thanks for your post.

The behavior you describe would be expected when the indicators are in the same panel but are on different scaling. Most likely the "autoscale" is set true for both so as you scroll along the indicators will be adjusted for best fit, just like the scaling on the price bars adjust as you scroll along (unless you are using a fixed scale).

If you are looking for a cross then that would only reliably be done when both are on the same scale.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul,
      Thank you for the response. The indicators don't give the option to change the autoscaling. Is this possible? Meanwhile I'll try to get the data I need through the market replay.
      Thanks,
      mw355

Comment

Hello mw355,

Thanks for your reply.

When indicators are placed in the sample panel and are using the same scale you will be able to change autoscale from true to false.

When indicators are placed in the same panel but on a different scale or set to "overlay", autoscale cannot be changed (it becomes grayed out) in the user interface. You can however fix the scale in the panel to prevent autoscaling. To fix the scale, in the scale part of the panel, left click and drag up or down. Doing so will show the "F" in the box in the upper right of the panel scale indicating the scale is now fixed. If you have two indicators in the same panel, one with left and one with right scaling, you can then fix both scales so that the indicators do not change their positions as you scroll left or right.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Davide999, 05-18-2023, 03:55 AM
        4 responses
        1 like
        Last Post kcwasher  
        Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes