Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart not displaying last bar of session

Hello,

I have noticed that any chart I pull up whether in live market trading or in Market replay leaves off the last bar.

Take for instance ZW. The Session finishes at 13:20 central standard time. The bars are time stamped 5 minutes off from the start of the session on a 5 minute chart. So the first bar reads 19:05. I confirmed the volume and price, highs and lows to my other brokers chart and everything is the same except the time stamp. For all points during a 24 hour period the time stamps are 5 minutes off.

The problem is with the session closing bar. When the time stamp shows the 13:15 bar everything is normal and matches my other broker except the time stamp.

The problem occurs when the session trades for 5 more minutes. The chart never displays the actual last bar of the session. You can see your P&L moving but the black tab on the chart no longer moves. If your trade trigger is hit during the last 5 minutes of the session with a 5 minute chart the trade will not take place. The P&L are correct during this time but there is nothing you can do but hope for the best because your strategy works off the chart and since it is no longer doing anything your strategy isn't either.

What is wrong with the charts and how is this rectified?

Regards
    Brian

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please contact me at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread, your phone number and a time tomorrow (between 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM Eastern) where we can reach you.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Issue reslolved

Kyle,

Thanks for the assistance. The Platform support guy was very helpful and resolved my issue.

For others that may experience this issue it is easily resolved.

Apparently when setting up a chart if you leave the session setting as default some of the instruments have the wrong closing times. So the resolution is change this setting to 24/7 and everything works as it should again. There are more options but that was what I was advised to do and it solved my problem.

Regards
      Brian

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
      Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
      5 responses