Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data feed which will back fill range and renko bars

Hello,

I obtained an NT license on the 15th of March 2015. I use Interactive Brokers as my broker and trade only the Futures market. However, IB's data feed will not back fill my range and renko bars:-

Q1 What is it about IB's data itself that range and renko bars are not back filled?

Q2 I am desperately trying to find a reputable data supplier which I can use in combination with IB as my broker and will back fill renko and range bars. Please does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank-you
    Michelle

Hello Michelle,

1. Unfortunately historical tick data is not supported with Interactive Brokers in NinjaTrader. Renko and range bars are build by historical tick data.

2. Our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $55 per month. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason - thanks very much for the reply. Kinietech does *not* supply data for the TF futures contract and I need this.

Could anyone else perhaps suggest a reputable provider (with historical tick data) which you have had a good experience with?
      Last edited by michelle99; 09-16-2015, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Sorry Jason just to add - - I see on the NT website there are actually 3 data providers listed, Kinetech being one of them. https://www.ninjatraderbrokerage.com...data_providers

QUESTION:
        Could you please tell me what is different about Kinetech compared to Continuum and Rithmic that it is NT's preffered provider?

Thanks again.

Comment

Kinetick is a data feed only. Continuum and Rithmic are broker technologies. They provide data but also provide connectivity to your live account.

We also support the following data feed providers besides Kinetick:

DTN IQFeed
          eSignal
          BarChart

Comment

Thanks for your patience with me Jason. Just a few more questions.

Q1. If I use Continuum, will I have to use their brokerage facility or can I just use their data?

Q2. I know eSignal does not supply tick data and thus will not back fill range and renko bars. Will DTN IQFeed and BarChart back fill range and renko bars?

Comment

1. You can only use the "Ninjatrader Continuum" broker technology through our NinjaTrader brokerage. Unfortunately you cannot just use their data.

2. All three support historical tick data. Please see the link below under 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' which will list all supported data feeds and broker technologies and what data they support.

Comment

Jason with regards to your answer in 2. above you say that eSignal (and DTN IQFeed and BarChart) all support tick data.

QUESTION A: Why then am I not able to back fill my renko and range charts with eSignal data?

QUESTION B:
                Are you saying you are absolutely sure that eSignal, DTN IQFeed and BarChart will absolutely back fill renko and range bars ??

(sorry Jason... I'm getting there... slowly )

Comment

You referred to IB in your initial post. I assume this refers to Interactive Brokers which does not support historical tick data in NinjaTrader.

Yes, I am absolutely sure. Please note that your subscription with the data feed provider needs to include historical tick data.

No worries, happy to help.

Comment

Thanks Jason - yes I did refer to IB initially. However my father uses eSignal and he says that they don't back fill.

But if you are absolutely, absolutely, 100% sure that they do?

Comment

Yes, historical tick data is supported with eSignal in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hi Jason - truly the last question on this thread.

Why is it that a non-tick data provider, such as Interactive Broker's feed, still actually draws range and renko bars - but just does not back fill them?

And, for these drawn range/renko bars - how can they be accurate if they were not formed on tick data?

Comment

Some providers do not send back historical data in tick format.

Live market is essentially tick data. I record TDA tick data - but only get minute data on historical with TDA. I've turned off historical requests from TDA and NT "backfills" from recorded data.

Comment

Hello michellepace,

Interactive Brokers offers an aggregated form of seconds data which it packages as real-time tick data. Despite the fact that real-time data is available in this interval the connection does not support historical data in this interval. As a result real-time data would be available but charts would not backfill with historical data.

I hope that this clears things up however if other questions come to mind please let Jason or I know.
                            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by f.saeidi, Today, 10:19 AM
                            0 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post f.saeidi  
                            Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                            4 responses
                            0 likes