cursor calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cursor calibration

Hi, is it possible to calibrate the cursor so for example there is a mark n ticks above and below the cross hairs.

If you are using a fixed stop size this would allow you to easily visualize where your stop is going to be prior to placing an order, aiding the decision-making process.

Txs.

Hello caveroute,

There are only three options for the chart cursor. Right click in the chart and select Cursor to see the three options. The Cross Hair option will show markers on the time and price axis.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi, yes I can see that, but that involves me having to perform some mental arithmetic at a time when I have so many other things to consider.

For example, I'm using a 12 tick stop, I leave a 2 tick buffer so my order has to be placed 10 ticks above / below where my stop will be.

If I could see all of that from my cursor itself, I would know where to place the order and what type of order it needs to be [stop or limit].

I know its trivial but if you miss the placement window you may have missed the opportunity. So anything that optimizes the process at this mega critical point is of benefit.

Having to look at he price, add/subtract 10 ticks, assess the where this leaves me, decide on the action needed, do it, is just a little clumsy, for me anyways.

Thanks

Comment

Ok, so you like see the price close to the cursor itself. The price shown will be X amount of ticks from the price of the cursor location, correct?

Comment

Hi Jason,

Not the price itself that's not really important.

Let's say I have a signal bar that triggers an entry on the following [entry] bar, my initial stop is always 2 ticks below the signal bar low and my risk is never for than 12 ticks, so my entry cannot be more than 10 ticks above the signal bar low.

If the signal bar is small, say < than 8 ticks, no problem I can place a stop order I tick above the high of the signal bar and all is good.

If the signal bar is bigger, say 20 ticks, then I need to place a limit order 10 ticks above the low of the signal bar and hope it comes back to fill me.

If I could calibrate the cursor then I could see all of this from the cursor itself and there is no need to say add 10 ticks to 1978.5 and work out where that leaves me prior to placing the order.

Thanks for listening. Not a major drama but all part of the user experience.
          Last edited by caveroute; 09-16-2015, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Thank you for clarifying. I will forward the suggestion to development.

Comment

Or, you can use this free tool here.
              Attached Files
              eDanny
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

The suggestion has been added to the list and is assigned to SFT-673.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
                10 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Leafcutter  
                Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes