Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OFA charts dont update correctly

hello,
    i currently run OFA charts and run into this problem on occasion and dont know how to solve it other than doing a complete reinstall of ninja.

i have talked with OFA and they say they have not heard of this problem so i thought i would check here.

occasionally one or more of the symbols i am using in OFA charting will load up and you will see the bid/ask in chart trader moving but the charts not updating... if you click on the chart it will update but stay there until you click again on the chart then it will update.

I have tried using new workspaces/reinstalling OFA/deleting the doc/nt7/db/cache folder/deleting the .sdf file in ninjatrade (sometimes this works)/restarting ninjatrader/resetting database (sometimes this works)/... and a combo of all the above manytimes over ... today though i couldnt get any of those combos to work ... so i am reinstalling ninjatrader once again

anyideas would be great!... all time charts and other chart types work just fine... however once this problem starts in OFA charts then i can't really pull up any new chart type without getting a blank screen for that chart but all time charts that were up before hand work just fine.

again i have asked OFA for the last 2-3 weeks with different things pertaining to the same issue and they are like we havent seen that before we will get back to you... but still waiting so would be great to see if there are any other solutions other than the above i have tried.

thank you for any solution!

Hello chinapassage,

When charts stop updating and then new charts are blank, this could indicate a corrupted chart cache.

I would like you to try the following to clear the chart cache and historical data:
    • Close NinjaTrader
    • Open (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\cache\
    • Delete all files within this folder
    • Go up one directory to the \db\ folder
    • Repeat this procedure for the tick, minute, and day folders as well to delete your downloaded historical data
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Connect

Open a new chart without any indicators or templates applied to see if you are able to load a chart.

This initial load may take a little longer than normal since all new data is being loaded from the historical data servers. After everything has loaded please restart NinjaTrader and let me know if you continue to experience a slow load time.

Let me know if the issue persists.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks i will try that... i have done that before for other issues...but didn't delete the \db\folders tick/minute/day data this last time... probably the one thing i didn't do... right now charts are working as i did a re-install so next time this pops up which invariably has always in the past i will give it a try.

thank you!..and i will report back if it doesn't work.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
      Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ScottWalsh