Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmanaged order left after Flatten

Hi,
    Yesterday one of my strategies initiated Account.Flatten() method. On a market there were 2 filled Long Limit Orders, so NT has generated 2 Short Market Orders "Close" to get the positions flat. But in the same moment one of the Long's got filled.
    In the end one of the short market orders was left on a market and I was unable to cancel it from NT's GUI and had to call my Broker.
    Are you aware of such issue? I've extracted this transaction from a Log file and can send you to an e-mail, if you want?

Hello InteRadek,

Thank you for writing in. If you could please send the relevant log and trace files to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with the subject line "ATTN: Michael M http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/forum/showthread.php?t=78288" I will be happy to investigate this issue further.

Thank you in advance.
    Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Hello InteRadek,

What happened is known as an in flight execution. There are several functions within NinjaTrader that are based on the current state of your account at the moment the function is invoked. These functions are:

• Close Position
      • Flatten Everything

In flight executions are orders that are partially or completely filled between the time that you invoke one of the above functions and the time your connectivity provider acknowledges the order submission/modification/cancellation requests submitted by these functions. Here is an example:

1. You have an open long position for three contracts and several working stop loss and profit target orders for three contracts each

2. You invoke the command "Flatten Everything" which proceeds to cancel all working orders and submit a market order to close the three contract position

3. One of your profit target orders is filled before the cancellation request arrives at the exchange

4. The market order to close the position is also filled for three contracts

5. You now have an open short position for three contracts

This example is generally a rare occurrence. After invoking any of the above commands it is always prudent to check the Control Center's Positions Tab and Orders Tab to ensure that all orders were cancelled and positions flattened. To avoid these situations you should be cautious of using the "Close Position" function when you have orders that are working within a few ticks of the inside market.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
      Michael M.NinjaTrader Quality Assurance

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
      Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes