Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Connecting to IB: possible with free platform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting to IB: possible with free platform?

Hi there,

I'm pretty new to the platform and to this forum as well.

I would like to start using ninja to take advantage of the possibility of personalized scripts, and i would like to use my account of interactive broker for the data feed.

Is that possible with the free version of the platform? I'm lurking around, and I have found several users with the problem of not having Interactive Brokers in the provider drop down menu, that were usually solved by admin sending a new key for the platform, so i don't really know if it's me that i'm doing it wrong or if i need external help.

Thank you very much

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

It is possible to connect the free version of NinjaTrader with to Interactive Brokers. The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

You must have standalone Traders Workstation (TWS) version 944.3 (browser version is not supported) installed

If you run in to any trouble creating this connection please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with a link to this forum thread and a copy of your license key. (Help > License Key)
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Oh so that might be the mistake: do I have to have both platforms installed on the same machine? I run ninja on parallels and I have ib client on my regular machine. If that is the case, I'll try again tomorrow and post here the results.

Thank you for the kind reply

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post love2code2trade  
      Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
      2 responses
      0 likes