Collapse

Outside Regular Trading Hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, there is no further info on the "outside trading hours" issue. maxima's issue was a different one, which is why I took it offline.

Comment

IB forex TP SL does not work

Dear Customer Support,

I'm using live version with IB forex.
      And from 2 days ago,TP SL orders does not work.

I tested 2 patterns,
      1st one is setting the TP SL in the Initiaize()
      2nd one is setting the TP SL in the OnBarUpdate() right before I EnterLongLimit();

I wondered why and checked the log and found 2 rows of
      Default Order Event Warning Attribute 'Outside Regular Trading Hours' is ignored based on teh order type and destination. PlaceOrder is now being processed. 2109.

And even after my order is executed on TWS, my strategy position remains unchanged (=Flat). So I think this may be the reason why the order is not submit to TWS.

How I fix this is by disabling the EA, and reactivating it with "Immediately submit live working historical orders". Right after I reactivate, the strategy position changes to Long/Short, and the TP, SL is set.

Do you have any idea what the problem may be?
      Right now, I have to babysit my strategy all the time.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

hana_maui, this is just a notification and it should not impact your order placement here - it sounds more like a synchronization issue to me : I would suggest you review the two links below closely and then recheck if your account position is in sync to the strategy one:

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Dear Mr. Bertrand,

Thanks for the feedback.
          When I have leftover position, I start with option "immediate order" and "account sync false" which I believe is what has to be done, but maybe not.

I will start over with the default option, "wait" and "account sync false" and see what happens.

Thank you.

Comment

Dear Mr. Bertrand,

I have started the strategy from flat account position. with sync account position = false, wait until flat, and checked what happened.

When the strategy gets triggered, the EnterLongLimit was fired to the TWS and filled.
            The filled long position is confirmed at Ninja under the "positions" tab with the actual filled price, but under the "Strategies" tab, the position was not listed on the strategy Position.

So, I had to disable strategy, and restart with immediate start option, then the Strategy tab recognized the strategy position, and the TP, SL is sent to TWS.

But again, when the TP is filled at TWS, the strategy position at Ninja remains as Long. The Positions tab at Ninja has no position, so the data is coming in from TWS, but is not recognized as strategy position.

Do you have any idea how this may be resolved?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Comment

Hana, can you please contact me via Help > Mail to Support (attn Bertrand) and ensure the sending of the diagnostic log / trace files is checked as well when you do this?

Thanks,

Comment

Dear Mr. Bertrand,

I think I solved the problem,
                As forex pricing changes from brokers to brokers, I have many forex symbols. And this time, in my strategy, I used the XXXXXX.IB which is mapped to IB forex symbol.
                I think this is the reason why the order was properly submit, and the filled position came back to the Ninja Positions tab, but was not recognized as the strategy position. (because the filled order will come back with the default XXXXXX symbol, not XXXXXX.IB symbol.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

And I appreciate your kind support to allow me oppertunity to send you e-mail.
                Thank you.

Comment

You're welcome Hana and no worries, please contact me in case of any additional issues.

Comment

Regular trading hours settings Help...

Hello,
                    Just wanted to ask how to get the extended or after hours settings for charts off of my charts... Its nice to see what the underlying instrument is doing premarket and after hours, but I would also like to see charts with just regular hours as well...

Where can I find those settings?

Thanks for your help,

Comment

isto313, it would depend on which session templates are loaded for your chart, this could be in the DataSeries settings for each chart, just press Ctrl + F to be be able to change those.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes