Demo account chart frozen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demo account chart frozen

I am using the demo account for real-time charts. Everything was working fine, but now the chart stopped updating on 9/18/2015.

I tried re-setting the instruments list, the database and renaming the db file in my documents, but still no resolution.

any help is appreciated,

Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

What version of NinjaTrader are you using? You can check under Help -> About (Example: 7.0.1000.X)

What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?

(For a chart) what interval is selected?

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Version 7 64-bit

Instrument ES 09-15

1-min chart

No error message received anywhere and the connection on the lower left hand side is green and connected.

these are the two lines from the log that are added once I add the chart window ( notice that the data should end on 9-21-2015, but it is only showing up to 9-18-2015).

2015-09-21 17:09:42:695 (demo) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='ES 09-15' from='2015-09-18' to='2015-09-21' period=1 Min splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session='CME US Index Futures ETH'
      2015-09-21 17:09:43:114 (demo) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='ES 09-15' from='2015-09-21' to='2015-09-21' period=1 Min splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session='CME US Index Futures ETH'
      2015-09-21 17:09:43:480 UI (re)load complete, took 0.8 secs, 1422.6 secs after app start

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me.

ES 09-15 expired last Friday however ES 12-15 data should be available.

Please follow the instructions below to rollover the expiration date of a futures contracts.

From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
        Highlight the contract you wish to rollover in the left side of the Instrument Manager window
        Press the '>' button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
        Press the '<' button and the instrument should re-appear with the front month expiration date
        Select 'OK'
        Select the updated contract in the Instrument drop down menu of you open windows.
        I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over rolling over a futures contract.

To view a video demonstration of a futures rollover, please view the following link.

Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates how to successfully rollover a Futures contract with NinjaTrader 7. NinjaTrade...
        KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Works now

Thank you very much for your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          11 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post xiinteractive