NT7 disengaging MBtrading data source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT7 disengaging MBtrading data source

I seem to have lost my connection set up to MBtrading after closing my laptop lid (even though the pc stays active, sleep mode is not activated neither is the login screen). I didn`t have this problem in the past doing this.

attached is screen cap showing that I couldn`t add MBtrading even in the account connections set up after this incident.

Click image for larger version

Name:	no mbTrading option.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	903362

I had to restart NT again at which time the workspace opened automatically and the data and connection set up were active again without me re-entering the connection.. weird.

However this doesn`t give me a high level of confidence to place real time ninja script trades with Ninja Trader if this type of behavior occurs..(cut out dis-engage from my data source). I can understand if my internet connetion fell out but this seems unprovoked.

is there a reason or explanation for this event?

Hello jitterbug,

Likely NinjaTrader could not connect to its license server to verify the license key that is entered in NinjaTrader. If the license key cannot be verified, it cannot load the broker technology (MBTrading) in NinjaTrader. This will cause existing connections to disappear and you cannot select it when creating a new connection.

There are four main reasons why the license key cannot be verified.

- Your license is truly invalid.
    - The license key has been entered incorrectly. Please ensure that an incorrect character or space has not been entered at the end of your license key. Also, if the character "@" is present in the License Key we sent you, please include that as well, as it is part of the key.
    - You are on NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.22 or older and your license does not support these versions. You can check your version under Help> About. Please let us know if you need upgrade instructions
    - The most common reason is that a firewall on your PC or on the network your computer is on is preventing NinjaTrader from accessing our license servers. To test this, please disable all firewalls and then restart NinjaTrader and see if it works. If yes, you just need to add ninjatrader.com to the exception list (safe list) for your firewall software

I do not think these reasons apply to your situation since the issue was solved after a restart. Unfortunately I am not sure what caused NinjaTrader not being able to connect to its license server. If the issue recurs, please let us know and check for any consistencies.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I`m using NT 7, .30 version,

windows 10. (any known issues with the new privacy settings?)
      I set cookies not to accept 3rd party cookies.

Name:	whichNT.PNG
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	874660

The other thing, when I restarted NT, just realized the product listing defaulted back to NT original, losing all my currency pairs entered I had set up for this workspace...3rd time I have to enter them now. This is demoralizing. I cannot advance on my ninjascript development because I`m beating around the bush trying to get the interface to work consistently...

Name:	defaultlisting.PNG
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	874661

Comment

I am not aware of any issues in this regard.

The screenshot shows the MBT Navigator window. Please note that this window is not part of NinjaTrader. It is from MBTrading which NinjaTrader uses to establish a connection. I am not sure how instruments added in this window can be saved. I suggest to check with MBTrading.

Comment

firewall access

windows 10 only allows me to add app access, not websites or server locations I believe.

Name:	firewallaccess.PNG
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	874663

this is also frustrating, in setting up chart workspaces, I can only add 1 chart at a time. the templates can only be applied to 1 at a time.

Name:	only 1 chart at a time.PNG
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	874662

Comment

"....Please note that this window is not part of NinjaTrader. It is from MBTrading which NinjaTrader uses to establish a connection. I am not sure how instruments added in this window can be saved. I suggest to check with MBTrading."

Jason they save with the workspace when I create them I believe. Is there a similar workspace I can create in the NT interface?

so I seem to be having MBtrading connection issues with drop outs, do you recommend kinetic as a more reliable source of live data for NT? I need something robust here.

Comment

You can use the Market Analyzer for this purpose. Please see the link below.

Yes, our preferred market data service is Kinetick. Real time service starts as low as $55 per month. If you trade CME Globex products, you can have these exchange fees waived if you have a qualified brokerage account. This service is only available for NinjaTrader. Please visit www.kinetick.com for more detailed information.

You do not need to allow access to websites or server locations if NinjaTrader itself can be selected in the firewall.

Yes, unfortunately you can only create one chart at a time and templates can only be added per chart.

Comment

Thank you Jason for the feedback.

Comment

I have market analyzer set up, do I need to keep MBtrading navigator open or will this turn off the MBtrading data source?

Name:	marketanalyzer.PNG
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	874664

Comment

The MBT Navigator window needs to stay opened. You can minimize it to your Windows task bar.

Comment

Jason the navigator window opens up inside of NT and starts streaming data. I contacted MBtrading regards how to save layouts within that navigator window, such as the FXboard, which here I have saved 3 versions, but only 1 loads with data, the others open up blank each time.

The rep advised me to contact NT since it was an NT software issue, is this correct? I don`t think they understood the question..

Name:	mbtrading fxboard inside nt.PNG
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	874676

is it MB or NT that needs to address the faulty save feature in the mb navigator window that opens up inside of NT?

Comment

Unfortunately the settings in the MBT Navigator cannot be saved. Please see the forum thread below which handles the same topic.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Jason

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                          11 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post xiinteractive  
                          Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM