Where are these indicators located?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are these indicators located?

Can someone please tell me where these indicators are located so I can delete them. I've looked everywhere. They are not custom indicators and came preloaded in NT7. I've looked in Edit Ninjascript, every single folder in the NT7 folder in Documents, I've looked in Remove Ninjascript Assembly. I can't find them to save my life and I think they are prohibiting me from properly installing third party Jurik indicators from Jurik Research
    Attached Files

Should be in NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs (NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll).

Comment

So you're saying that NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs is the file I need to delete? I'm not entirely sure because you said "Should be in" as though it is a folder, but Ninjatrader.vendor.dll and Ninjatrader.vendor.cs are files. Deleting those files isn't going to harm anything else?

Comment

You don't need to delete them. Edit an indicator and right-click in the editor. Select "References".... Select the entry with NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll and click delete. This should just remove the reference but not actually delete it from your machine.

All the Jurik indicators are in the same file.

Comment

This has recently become a common problem

We now have several clients who are experiencing difficulty getting the collection of Jurik Tools that they just imported to appear in the indicators folder. This import procedure was working for years with no problems.

Clients followed our instructions regarding placing the Jurik Research studies zip file in the bin/custom/exportNinjaScript folder. User then imports the tools as instructed and receives no error message, but the studies do not show up in the bin/custom/indicator folder.

Any suggestions on how to locate the missing indicator studies, or better yet, get them to properly appear in the indicators folder?

Mark Jurik
          Jurik Research

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your posts.

These are default indicators built into NinjaTrader.
            These cannot be removed
            You cannot remove the reference to NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs, this will cause errors.
            BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

New recurring problem with importing Jurik Indicator ZIP file

We now have several clients who are experiencing difficulty getting the collection of Jurik Tools that they just imported to appear in the indicators folder. This import procedure was working for years with no problems.

However, recently, clients have followed our instructions regarding placing the Jurik Research studies zip file in the bin/custom/exportNinjaScript folder. User then imports the tools as instructed and receives no error message, but the studies do not show up in the bin/custom/indicator folder.

The work-around we are giving those experiencing this problem is as follows:
              1) Shut down Ninja.

2) Open our zip file in your file manager.

3) Select and drag all files that begin with the word Jurik into:
              C:\Users\{youruserid}\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator

4) Start Ninja.

5) From the Control Center select Tools> Edit Ninja Script > Indicator
              then select any indicator that begins with the word Jurik and click OK.

6) After the editor loads it, click the Compile icon. All Jurik indicators will then compile and be ready for use.

Any suggestions on how to get all studies to properly appear in the indicators folder?

Mark Jurik
              Jurik Research

Comment

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your reply.

The items in this thread are unrelated to this.
                If you are unable to get your custom scripts to import into NinjaTrader please email platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so we can look into this further.
                BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brandon,

I will send my message to platform support as you requested.

However, I believe this is the appropriate thread for my post because the original posting, from jrichardson83, stated his problem was "... I think they are prohibiting me from properly installing third party Jurik indicators from Jurik Research".

We have had several clients with the very same complaint, so I posted a workaround that gets the indicators where they belong, compiled and running.

Nonetheless, I will send my post to platform support, as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post chbruno
                  by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes