Help needed my indicators disappeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed my indicators disappeared

I need some help as my self made indicators disappeared.

Here is what happened (and somewhere I screwed up).

I downloaded an indicator called OutLine. While doing so it said something about an EMA.cs file being older than the one I currently have. I ignored it (and probably should not have) and proceeded. It then said something along the line that it could not import that indicator. I do not remember the reason it gave.

I discarded it at that point and went back to work on coding. When I pushed compile it gave me an error message: Metadata file C......TEMA.dll could not be found or something like that. I proceeded by going into the C:/NT files to delete the dll and cs files of the concerned EMAs. I then closed NT and reopened it.

And then, to my big surprise, all my self created indicators were gone. They cant be loaded anymore as they do not show up in the indicator menu (see left side of attached image). But they do show up when I open the "edit indicator option" (see right side of attached image).

I clicked through the C:/ MyDocument files/NT/bin/Custom/Indicator and that one is full with .cs files of all my indicators.

Would resetting or repairing the data base help? I do have back up copies of all my indicators so if nothing else can be recommended by you, then I would delete NT altogether and download a fresh copy, then re-import my indicators.

sandman
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

This simply sounds like a compile error which can happen in certain cases, one example would be what you had provided or overwriting the EMA. If the import had failed or used a old version that is not for NinjaTrader 7 that could cause some errors.

To resolve this, please do the following and provide a screenshot of the errors you get:
    1. Open NinjaTrader
    2. From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    3. Select any indicator and double click on it (we need only to open and compile one script to see all compile errors for all files).
    4. A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    5. At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.

Once you get the errors, expand the error text so you can see it and provide the image.

Based on the descritpion you may try running the NinjaTrader installer and doing a Repair also. If this is a stock indicator problem that would correct it, just make sure the platform is exited when the installer is run.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jesse,

Thanks. I attach the screenshot you asked for. But I do not know what to do about this. Can you advice something?

sandman
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

This one is not too hard to fix, from where you took the screenshot or just in that script do the following:
        1. Right click in the white text area where the code is and click "References"
        2. In the list, look for the line that has "VisualEMA.dll" and click on in.
        3. Click Remove
        4. Click OK
        5. Now right click again and click Compile.

If this was the only error you should be all set, otherwise if other errors are detected, please post a screenshot and I could look at those as well.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Whew. Thank god, that worked. I am back in business. Thanks Jesse.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post mmenigma  
          Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
          9 responses
          0 likes