X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doubt: Interactivebrokers API

Hi Ninjas,

Here a doubt:

- Are you sure that is not necessary to select the Box "DDE-clients" in the TWS ?

- Not using the DDE-clients might affect the operative connection from Ninjatrader ?

I ask these questions cause I've seen that if I don't have the IB-API installed and the box "DDE-client" selected, the page API in the TWS disappears, despite the fact that the connection is totally successful and live.

- Will the API page in TWS appear with order flowing ?

I use the TWS 944.3, Ninjatrader 7.0.1000.30, all under Java 64 bits version 1.8.0_60

Looking forward for your answer
    Last edited by pstrusi; 09-26-2015, 07:59 AM.

I've confirmed in TWS that the api connection to NT is successful and alive, but still I don't see any api page in tws, why?

Comment

Hello pstrusi,

I suspect it is because you do not have IB-API installed. If not, I suggest to contact IB support for instructions to restore this tab in TWS.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason, thanks for your attention.

Let me start over with this matter, so you can help me to find out quicker

I've done a fresh new installation of: TWS 944.3 and Ninjatrader 7.0.1000.30, both of them 64 bit. My system has the last version of java 1.8.0_60 at 64 bit as well. Ok, having said this, I've followed step by step, all instructions from Ninjatrader's guide to connect with Interactivebrokers, which is done successfully. I've confirmed in both platforms that connection is alive and stable, no issue at all.

Questions:
        1. Once the connection is successfully set, is it supposed that an automatic API page is created in the IB-TWS ?

2. For the connection Ninjatrader-IB, is never said that it's necessary to install the IB-API module separately, why did you mention that as it was necessary while NT guide didn't say anything at all ?

Looking forward for answers

Thanks again

Comment

1. When I test it on my end, I do not load an API page in TWS. Unfortunately I am not sure what triggers such a page to load in TWS. It would be best to work with IB support for any inquiries about TWS. They created this platform and would be the best party to troubleshoot any issues with it.

2. I assumed this was something you uninstalled in TWS.
          JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Finally I have the answer . IB technical department says:

Dear Mr Strusi,

Socket based connections will never open the API tab unless you place an order. Even if you are requesting different data using the API client, this tab will not be generated.

Best regards,
            P.S
            Interactive Brokers
            Technical Assistance Center

As always I try to put final solutions to questions in order to return a little to this awesome forum

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post CactusMan  
            Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post giulyko00