• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nikkei 225 mini

Hi,

I was hoping you guys could provide the instrument settings for
    the nikkei 225 mini for interactive brokers
    Last edited by streetffightingman; 09-27-2015, 09:55 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I am able to access data for this instrument using the settings which are included with NinjaTrader by default. An image of the default settings for JNM are shown in the attached image.

If other questions come up which I could assist with please let me know.
    Attached Files
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

So so confused

not by your settings its just that

when I make my own settings that seem like the right ones for this instrument
      the chart trader does not display my buy and sell orders that are activated
      so I cannot see my entry point as chart trader will not show it.

However, when I use you settings it all works.

do u have any thoughts on this ?

I think for now on I'm gonna just ask you for the settings I need to put on. here is a screen shot of my settings

edit I made my own session hours so that I do not get the overnight prices
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Do you encounter these same issues when using the default settings for JNM? (Those shown in the image attached to my last post) If things are working with this setup but not with the instrument you created can you clarify what hours are used in your N225M Summer session template?

Does JNM exist in your instrument list as well as the N225M instrument which you created? Duplicate instruments can sometimes cause issues within NinjaTrader.

Comment

my n225m summer template is for my time zone for vancouver bc canada or - 8:00 pst

its sunday to thrudays 5:00pm to 11:15pm everyday

I had to add your JNM instrument

I already had N225M instrument added before I added yours

my session hour template works for both of these instruments
          your instrument settings actually make chart trader work the way it should

I dunno maybe its just the JNM

but its all good now

Comment

Nikkei 225 mini OSE

I am trying to get data for this instrument. I have been unable to get any charts. I have CQG feed thru ninjabrokerage and IB delayed data. Can I trade this market with Ninja Brokerage?

Thanks

Comment

Is the Mini Nikkei 225 available in the demo datafeed? I tried to set up as per earlier instructions in this thread, but I end up with an empty chart with no bars at all.

QUESTION: How to enable the Mini Nikkei 225 in the demo datafeed?

Comment

Unfortunately the mini Nikkei 225 futures is not supported as per NinjaTrader Continuum/CQG demo connections.

Please send us an email at brokeragesupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com to inquire what markets can be traded through our brokerage.
                JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Are there any plans to support historical data for the JNM for LIVE traders? As it stands it's not ideal!

Comment

Hello,

There are no plans to begin recording data for this instrument currently. If this data is critical to you, you would need to look in to service with a secondary data source. Some providers to consider for this role include BarChart, eSignal, IQ Feed and Kinetick.

More information about using multiple connections within NinjaTrader can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...onnections.htm

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
                      There are no plans to begin recording data for this instrument currently. If this data is critical to you, you would need to look in to service with a secondary data source. Some providers to consider for this role include BarChart, eSignal, IQ Feed and Kinetick.
                      I think there will be some consumer demand for this, as brokers are starting to market it to US customers who would like to trade after hours. It's was all of AMP's advertisements that got me to look into it today.

I looked at Kinetick's signup page but it's not clear to me which data to sign up for. There's no listing that looks obvious like "JPX" or "OSE". Any hints?

Comment

Hello RichardTodd,
                        Thaks for your reply.
                        You can contact support[at]kinetick[dot]com for assistance on what data to subscribe to.
                        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by RichardTodd View Post
                          I think there will be some consumer demand for this, as brokers are starting to market it to US customers who would like to trade after hours. It's was all of AMP's advertisements that got me to look into it today.

I looked at Kinetick's signup page but it's not clear to me which data to sign up for. There's no listing that looks obvious like "JPX" or "OSE". Any hints?
                          Kinetick don't offer it sorry to say. Nor do Barchart.

Apparently AMP asked Ninja to support historical data for this contract but got rejected. I don't know why as their competitors (namely Sierra and Multicharts) support historical via CQG.

I'm switching platforms unfortunately as this instrument ticks every box for me and if NT won't support historical I'll go somewhere that does.

Comment

look at interactive brokers

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                            1 response
                            0 likes
                            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                            Started by jeronymite, 04-12-2024, 04:26 PM
                            3 responses