Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

50% trailing stop

In NT7 or NT8:
    Is there a way to have the trailing stop on an ATM Strategy, move 1 tick for every 2 ticks the price has moved?

Also, similar to above is there any indicator I can use in NT8 that that plots x% ( about 50% ) of the current swing, which I can attach to my trailing stop?

Hello vlc,

Unfortunately this is not supported. The Frequency setting in the Auto Trail settings allows the stop loss to be re-adjusted for additional ticks in profit.

For example, if you enter a value of 2, the stop loss is re-adjusted for every 2 additional ticks in profit. It is re-adjusted using the Stop loss setting. So if Stop loss is set to 10, it is adjusted each time to 10 ticks behind the current market price. This means if the market moves up 2 ticks, the stop loss moves up 2 ticks.

We have the Swing indicator available by default in NinjaTrader 8. If you set the Strength parameters to half of the intended value, do you accomplish what you need? If not, you would need to create a custom indicator.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, thanks. Tried using Swing with small swing param, and with a second data-series on a shorter time-frame. But that breaks my most important add-on indicator. The result is interesting, but still not what I'm after.

I tried setting the ATM Strategy parameters type to percent % , but can't enter a sensible value for currencies. Will try for futures. e.g. for a 0.002% price move, adjust the stop 0.001%. But I'd rather work in ticks anyway.
      Last edited by vlc; 09-29-2015, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post samish18  
      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary