Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install Ninjatrader on my Google Drive

Good Afternoon,

I would like to install Ninjatrader onto my Google Drive so I can maintain the same copies on all of my computers.

I am currently using a Sim account and do not want to lose the progress, however, even when I log in under my demo credentials, the sim account balance is different.

If I can maintain one copy on my Google Drive then it should carry from computer to computer, right?

Hello,

Thanks for your post!

Unfortunately, we never recommend installing NinjaTrader on any sort of network-based drive or device. To do so would almost guarantee that you will functionality issues.

Also, this would be expected with the Sim101 account, as this account will be locally simulated on the individual PC.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there anyway that I can point just my sim101 account information to my google drive so that way even if I setup my charts the same on the different computers, it will pull in the same sim data? I just want a consistency between the computers I'm on.

Comment

Hello!

You could transfer your database file using Google Drive. However, it would be imperative that Google Drive never accesses the database file while NinjaTrader is active and running. Doing so would cause something called a file sharing violation, which would also yield errors and unexpected behavior.

The database file is located at Documents -> NinjaTrader 7 -> db. The file will be named "NinjaTrader.sdf" or "NinjaTrader", depending on your PC settings.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes